QPR FC Women (3) – London Seaward (3)

FA Women’s National League Division One (South-East)

Team: Francis-Pownall, Shephard, Searle, Rogers, Lewin, Carolan, Ward-Chambers, Akerman, Petit, Owen, Hennessy

The first goal attempt of the evening was provided by London Seaward when a close-range effort hit the R’s keeper before going behind for a corner.

This was a good spell for the visitors and after 17 minutes a strike at goal just cleared the crossbar.

Four minutes later, an angled shot flashed just wide of the far post.

The home side were now growing into the game. Ellie Searle put a good ball low across the box, but no one was able to make contact.

On 27 minutes, the R’s were awarded a free kick 20-odd yards out after Courtnay Ward-Chambers was fouled. Katie Akerman stepped up and belted the ball into a well-positioned wall.

Rangers took the lead a minute or so later. Ward-Chambers’ fierce strike was stopped but Kasha Petit was well placed to follow up and slot the ball home.

The East Londoners equalised on 31 minutes after the ball was knocked over the R’s keeper and ended up in the net.

Five minutes later, Laura Hennessy headed Kasha Petit’s cross over the bar.

On 40 minutes, Ellie Rogers looped the ball over the keeper from the corner of the box, where Courtnay Ward-Chambers belted it into the top corner.

Two minutes later, Ellie Searle’s strike flew over the crossbar. Half-time: 2-1.

Five minutes after the interval, Courtnay Ward-Chambers was forced off and Emilia Nygaard-Parsons replaced her.

Ellie Rogers was booked following an infringement, wide of the penalty area.

Around the hour mark, Steve Quashie brought on Emily Hill at the expense of Izzy Owen and minutes later, Grace Stanley came on for Grace Shephard.

Katie Akerman was shown a yellow card following a heavy challenge on the visitors’ No.3.

Samantha Lanza’s equaliser came on 74 minutes after she had taken advantage of a defensive mistake.

However, just a couple of minutes later, with the keeper off balance, Emilia Nygaard-Parsons, toe-poked the ball into the net to restore QPR’s lead.

A further change was made soon after, which saw Dahlia Salah coming on for Kasha Petit.

The visitors upped their game in the final stages. Katherine Long missed the target from 10 yards, but in the 99th minute they scored a dramatic equaliser.

The final substitution had been made earlier, when Amani Salim replaced Katie Akerman.

Steve Quashie’s side then travelled to Arbour Park, the home of Slough Town, to take on Maidenhead United in a Combined Counties Cup tie.

Steve Russell

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.