QPR Development Squad (0) – Barnsley U21 (2) 

U21 Professional Development League 2 

Team: Salamon, Manufor, Leahy, Hawkins, trialist ‘A’, Tuck, Kolli, Morgan (t), Vaughan (t), Bala, trialist ‘B’ 

Subs: Clark, Sackey, Talla, Hamid, trialist ‘C’. 

On a warm afternoon at Loftus Road, the R’s squad included the welcome return of Rayan Kolli and no less than five trialists (two named). 

Into the game and after trialist ‘B’, numbered No.11, was pushed over on the corner of the penalty area, the R’s were awarded a free kick. Alfie Tuck stepped up, but it came to nothing.  

Rayan Kolli was instructed to move over from the right-flank to the left. 

QPR’s next attempt saw Rohan Vaughan’s shot closely evading the upright. 

At the other end, an angled strike at goal was well grabbed by Matteo Salamon.  

Trialist ‘B’’s cross was deflected just past the post and Kieran Flavell’s strong hand kept out Alfie Tuck’s corner.  

Rayan Kolli moved back to his original position and shortly after, he curled a shot at goal, which then bounced off the post.    

Henry Hawkins did really well when he stretched forward to put away a dangerous ball across the box. Half-time: 0-0. 

For the start of the second-half, Lorent Talla came on for Rayan Kolli. 

Hayden Pickard curled in his free kick from just outside the box, which Matteo Salamon punched away. Mr Jackson then blew for an infringement.  

Barnsley took the lead after 53 minutes when Aaron Atkinson fired the ball into the corner. 

The away side were certainly having the best of it, and after Josiah Dyer had broken away, the Tykes striker’s shot was deflected over the bar. Harrison Nejman’s corner was then headed over. 

On the hour mark, Sam Sackey replaced Alfie Tuck. 

The visitors doubled their lead after 88 minutes following a handball in the box. Theo Chapman made no mistake from the penalty spot. 

Paul Furlong made two other changes in the closing stages, which saw the introduction of Hassan Hamid and trialist ‘C’ at the expense of Sam Manufor and trialist ‘A’. 

Rangers finished the season in fourth place, two points behind Swansea City and Bournemouth, and ten behind Millwall.  

Steve Russell

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.