QPR U18 (1) – Crewe Alexandra U18 (3)

U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: Cant, Luzinda, Leahy, Tuck, Anthony, McDonald, Murphy, Brown, Kolli, Sackey, Bala

Subs: Zapieraczynski, Manufor, Dougi, Talla

On the team sheet at No.4 for the R’s was 15-year-old Alfie Tuck, who I was told, had played in an international tournament for Wales.

I was also informed that eight of the Crewe side had already played during the season for their U23’s.

In very windy conditions in Heston, it was the visitors who fashioned the first effort of the morning, although, it posed no real threat for Harry Cant as he comfortably gathered the ball.

The Railwaymen were awarded a free kick from which Matus Holicek fed Charlie Finney, whose cross ended up going behind. The resulting corner was played short and came to nothing.

As Matus Holicek absolutely smashed the ball goalwards, the wind caught it and brought off a great save from Harry Cant.

Despite this initial pressure from the away side, it was the R’s who took the lead after Steven Bala had won the ball.

He then found Rayan Kolli who knocked the ball to his left to set up Harry Murphy in space. The Rangers captain then proceeded to slot the ball into the net.

Around the half-hour mark, Tom Booth was forced down to smother Rayan Kolli’s low effort.

Whilst at the other end, Elijah Anthony made a great interception to avert the danger.

The visitors equalised after around 35-minutes following a free kick from a position wide of the box. As the ball was knocked in, Ben Woop got a touch from around the six-yard box.

Adam Dougi replaced Steven Bala a few minutes before the break and there was just enough time for Ben Woop to give the Railwaymen the lead. Half-time: 1-2.

As Rangers looked for an equaliser, Harry Murphy’s cross from the left found Samuel Sackey, who then turned and struck the ball on the half-volley. This forced a superb save from Tom Booth who also did well to stop the ball from going behind.

But seconds later, Harry Cant made an excellent one-on-one save from Ben Woop to deny the visitors a third goal.

Lorent Talla was brought on around the hour mark at the expense of Alfie Tuck and shortly after that Elijah Anthony made way for Sam Manufor.

Mr Anastasiou awarded a free kick to the home side and then booked Crewe’s No.4 Owen Lunt for holding on to the ball. As players from both sides got involved he also showed Samuel Sackey a yellow card for his response. The referee then spoke to other players in order to calm the situation.

The Railwaymen sealed their victory following a long ball to Matus Holicek. The Crewe No.10 took control of the ball before hitting it low past the R’s keeper and into the corner of the net.

In the final stages, Adam Dougi’s through ball set up Lorent Talla but his effort was comfortable held by Tom Booth

Then Holicek broke away for the visitors and ended up shooting wide. Shortly after, Mr Anastasiou blew the final whistle.

Steve Russell