QPR U18 (0) – Millwall U18 (5)

QPR U18 (0) – Millwall U18 (5)U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: Middlehurst, Paiva, Hinkson, Mahorn, Harrack, Orafu, Griffiths, Jude-Boyd, Babajide, Dougi, Cotter.

Due to a waterlogged pitch this fixture against the league leaders was switched from their Calmont Road Training Ground to Heston.

Trent Mahorn captained a very young R’s side that included at least six U16’s players.

Millwall had a good opportunity to open the scoring early in the match after the Lions player had set himself up to pull the trigger. His effort was blocked and the ball went behind for a corner.

The visitors’ goal soon came following a cross from the left. The ball was knocked in and finished from close range.

At the other end, after some good control, Bunmi Babajide fired his shot directly at Leighton Fanshawe.

Then, following a run down the left wing, the R’s No.10 was fouled on the edge of the box and Mr Wood booked the culprit. The free kick was knocked across the box and ended up going for a corner.

The visitors doubled their lead from the penalty spot. The scorer placed the ball low to Tom Middlehurst’s right.

Nana Boateng made a useful run down the right-wing which resulted in Tom Middlehurst making a good save at the near post and the ball went behind for a corner.

The Lions went further ahead with a header from a cross into the box and then number four also came from a header, following a corner.

For the R’s, Adam Dougui made a good run and did very well to keep control of the ball, but his perseverance unfortunately came to nothing.

Abdul Abdulmalik set off down the right flank and the Lions No.9 then moved inside to a central position, resulting in the ball being cleared off the line. The visitors led 0-4 at half-time.

Into the second-half and Millwall scored a fifth goal within the first minute when the ball was slotted into the net following Abdulmalik’s cross from the left.

Bunmi Babajide’s free kick was aimed directly at the Lions keeper who was able to make a comfortable save.

On the hour mark, Paul Furlong brought on Matthew Gordon to replace Nathan Orafu and a few minutes later Adam Dougui made way for Micah Anthony.

After Mr Wood had booked a Millwall player the free kick from 25-yards, was blocked by Fanshawe’s feet.

Bunmi Babjide went down after taking a knock. He was able to return after being treated. However, soon after he received a heavy challenge near the corner flag and required further attention.

He did manage to get back on again, but only temporarily as minutes from the end substitute goalkeeper Max Little came on and took his place upfront until Mr Wood blew the final whistle.

Steve Russell