QPR U18 (1) – Leeds United U18 (1)

U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: Cooper, McLean, Mongwele, Conte, Mahorn, Fahmy, De Silva, Jude-Boyd, Eze, Aoraha, Mema

Sub Not Used: Middlehurst

Apparently the match was switched from Heston to Harlington because of a problem affecting the hot water in the changing rooms.

Chimaechi Eze went close to giving the R’s the lead in the opening stages. Alex Aoraha’s free kick just evaded the No. 9’s outstretched boot.

At the other end, Murphy Cooper made a very good stop with his chest from close range. Then, a dangerous ball from the bye-line across the box evaded a number of players from both sides.

Their next goalscoring opportunity came when the United player hit a good shot on the turn, but it ended up directly in Cooper’s gloves.

An injury forced off Raheem Conte on 20 minutes and Bunmi Babajide replaced him.

Dillon De Silva collected the ball in a wide position after the visitors had given it away. He set off, then cut in, but his shot was just wide of the far post.

A good stop from a close range angled shot denied the visitors, and the ball went behind for a corner.

Dillon De Silva had switched wings with Armelindo Mema and the former did really well to deliver an excellent ball into the box, where Eze forced an outstanding low, reflex save from Matthew Turner.

Alex Aoraha went down in the penalty area after clearly being struck in the face, but Mr Pilling wasn’t interested!

United took the lead just before the interval following a corner, which resulted in a big scramble and the ball bouncing off the crossbar. Mr Pilling then awarded a free kick in the box.

The Rangers players lined-up to face an expectant Stuart McKinstry. His powerful shot ended up in the back of the net after hitting the underside of the bar. Half-time: 0-1.

Despite being grabbed and kicked, Dillon De Silva still persevered, but it brought him absolutely nothing from the lino standing just a few feet away!

On 55 minutes, Paul Furlong brought on Hamzad Kargbo at the expense of Chimaechi Eze.

Leeds’ custodian made a good save with his legs after Aoraha had laid off the ball to Mema. Then Babajide went close with a shot that just cleared the bar.

After drifting in, Armelindo Mema’s effort hit the underside of the bar.

Rangers were enjoying a good spell, but the visitors went close to doubling their lead after a header was deflected into the side netting for a corner.

A Rangers free kick was lofted into the box, which Kargbo headed into the net, but it was ruled offside.

Arkell Jude-Boyd was shown a yellow card and a very young looking Matthew Gordon was Rangers’ third substitution on 70 minutes. He took the place of Alex Aoraha.

QPR were reduced to ten men after Mason McLean was shown a second yellow following an infringement towards the corner flag whilst an opponent attempted to take a throw-in.

Babajide’s shot went very close following a great ball from Dillon De Silva.

Nohan Kenneh had already been booked and his latest foul prompted him being substituted.

A dramatic, but a well-deserved equaliser for the R’s, came in the 94th minute after Babajide was fouled outside the ‘D’. His wonderful free kick sailed into the net with Matthew Turner rooted to the spot.

Immediately after the kick-off Mr Pilling blew the final whistle.

Steve Russell

One thought on “QPR U18 (1) – Leeds United U18 (1)

  1. The referee did his best to ruin what was a really good game played by two very talented teams. Leeds were the better team first half but we thoroughly deserved the point on our second half performance. Furlongs teams never give up no matter who is playing.

Comments are closed.