QPR U18 (1) – Coventry City U18 (5)

U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: Dymott, Bryan-Waugh(?), Leahy, Christmas, McDonald, Marino, Siqueira, Brown, Yahyaoui, Owen, Lawrence

Despite all the recent rain the training ground pitch looked in superb condition.

Into the match and it was the Sky Blues keeper who was called upon twice in around thirty seconds or so to deny the R’s taking the lead.

Firstly, he stopped Guilherme Siqueira’s low shot close to the near-post, which was soon followed by a superb diving save.

However, as City burst forward, the ball was knocked to an overlapping Evan Aisowieren who, as the Rangers keeper advanced, slotted the ball into the back of the net.

At the other end, Teddy Lawrence cut-in from a wide position, before having his shot blocked.

But it was the away side who scored next. A long punt caught out the Rangers keeper, which enabled Charlie Manners to finish with an easy tap-in.

Teddy Lawrence did well to just reach a long ball and the R’s No.11 then turned his marker close to the bye-line, before forcing Daniel Rachel into a good save.

Another City run down the left-wing resulted in Tommy Dymott putting the ball behind for a corner.

Shannon Brown’s half-volley from just outside the box narrowly evaded the upright. But the Sky Blues added a third goal against the run of play.

Just before the half-time whistle, Jake Leahy belted the ball just over the crossbar.

Harry Cant replaced the trialist goalkeeper after the interval.

Charlie Manners just managed to get hold of a through-ball ahead of Harry Cant and the City No.9 then proceeded to knock it into an empty net.

Rangers pulled a goal back around the hour mark. After the initial shot had rebounded off of the post, Youssef Yahyaoui was well-placed to finish.

The Sky Blues notched up a fifth in the closing stages after Aidan Dausch had weaved his way along the bye-line and the ball was then slipped in from close range.

The visitors hit the post a few minutes later which was soon followed by Mr Olhausen blowing the final whistle.

Steve Russell