QPR U18 (4) – Swansea City U18 (5)

U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: Clark, Luzinda, Bagan, Tuck, McDonald, Marino, Nicholas-Davies, Sackey, Yahyaoui, Talla, Petrie

Subs: Zapieraczynski, Leahy, McCann, Manufor, Bouhiaoui

I was informed upon arrival at the training ground that there was a power failure, which also meant that the car park was closed due to part of the entrance being dug up. 

The first shot on target wasn’t until around the 18th minute when a Swansea player’s effort lacked power and Conor Clark made an easy save.

The visitors took the lead after the R’s had lost possession and Geoff Bony went on to fire his shot into the top corner. 

Rangers soon equalised after Kieron Petrie had bombed down the right-flank, before cutting in and firing the ball into the net. 

However, Swansea got their noses in front following a breakaway that split the Rangers defence. Looking offside,Iwan Morgan’s shot was hit low and beyond Conor Clark. 

The R’s soon levelled again following good work by Kieron Petrie. The former Swansea winger set-up Sam Sackey, who was then brought down in the box as he was about to shoot.

Mr Jackson soon pointed to the spot and the Rangers No.8 stepped up and belted the ball into the top corner. 

Rangers took the lead after Lorent Talla had collected the ball in midfield. The R’s No.10 then set-up the very lively Kieron Petrie who proceeded to fire the ball through the Swansea keeper. 

At the other end, the Swans player twisted and turned his way through to force a superb one-handed save from Conor Clark. 

The home side added a fourth goal following a good move down the left-flank which resulted in a corner. From which, Youssef Yahyaoui placed his left-footed shot into the far corner.

The Swans had an opportunity to pull one back after an excellent cross was floated over, but Iwan Morgan could only head wide. Half-time: 4-2.

Despite Swansea coming out strongly at the start of the second-half, it was the R’s who almost increased their lead. Kieron Petrie’s low-shot was well-saved and Reece Nicholas-Davies’ follow-up hit the upright. 

The away side then began to create further chances and one effort whizzed just wide of the far-post. Then, seconds later, Conor Clark stopped the ball fully in the face, which led to the R’s keeper then going down and requiring some attention.

Seemingly concussed, he was helped off and replaced by Kacper Zapieraczynski on 69 minutes. 

The away side narrowed the deficit after an R’s defender had been caught out of position. Iwan Morgan continued his run and slotted the ball wide of the Rangers substitute keeper. 

A sudden burst of speed took Kieron Petrie upfield, and excellent control of the ball won the R’s No.11 a corner. 

And before it could be taken and with Jake Leahy’s introduction, Mr Jackson suddenly ran off the pitch. It looked as if he went to his bag before consulting the Rangers bench! The end result was Jake Leahy having to put his tracksuit back on again!

The corner-kick was eventually taken which saw Charlie McDonald’s effort going wide. 

The Swans equalised with minutes remaining when, with the R’s defence in disarray, Yori Griffith scrambled the ball over the line.

Swansea’s winner came around the 90th minute, when IwanMorgan completed his hat-trick. 

Steve Russell