QPR B (0) – Derby County U21 (2)

Premier League Cup

Team: Halwax, Anthony (E), Pitblado, Angelov, Rossi, Woodman, Ajose, Murphy, Dougui, Bala, Anthony (M)

Subs: Salamon, Cotter, Talla, Petrie

As we gathered in Hanwell’s Clubhouse pre-match, the hot topic was the confirmation of Michael Beale’s departure. Then, speculating who may replace him, in walked Kenny Jackett, right on cue!

The rain had begun to subside, and the first effort of the evening came after five minutes when Adam Dougui fired his shot at the Derby keeper.

The Rams took the lead two minutes later when Bart Cybulski found the bottom corner.

Mr Wood booked Deon Woodman after he had clipped Osazee Aghatise 25-yards or so from goal.

The R’s No.6 later gave the ball away in the box which resulted in a powerful shot being blocked.

Harry Halwax was booked after he had come flying out and fouled George Nunn.

Steven Bala was brought down and Harry Murphy’s free kick from the edge of the box was successfully blocked by the Derby wall.

The away side had the ball in the net again, but it was ruled out for offside. However, they doubled their lead in the 28thminute from a free kick when Harrison Soloman nodded the ball in at the near-post.

At the other end, Adam Dougui lined up his shot, which he belted just wide of the post.

Courtney Clarke was shown a yellow card following a naughty challenge. Micah Anthony’s free kick from 25-yards sailed over the crossbar.

Then, he was booked for tugging the shirt of an opponent and Max Bardell appeared to follow suit, seemingly for something he had said to the referee?

During the two added minutes, a good ball found Steven Balarunning into the box, but his shot lacked power. Half-time: 0-2.

Into the second-half and following a foul on Micah Anthony, Steven Bala’s free kick was repelled by the Derby wall.

On 64 minutes, Deon Woodman and Micah Anthony made way for Lorent Talla and Kieran Petrie respectively.

Ivo Rossi brought down Ola Ibrahim just outside the area and the resulting free kick after 74 minutes rebounded off the upright.

Harrison Soloman was the next player to be shown a yellow card after a blatant foul, around thirty yards out.

Dotted around certain areas of the pitch were clusters of mist and on 76 minutes, Steven Bala was replaced by Riley Cotter.

As a consequence of Joseph Ajose’s excellent ball into the area, Alfie Roberts fumbled in the six-yard box, but the danger was cleared.

Bart Cybulski broke away, but he ended up shooting directly at the R’s keeper.

There were no further goals or bookings in the five added minutes.

Steve Russell