QPR B (4) – Ipswich Town U21 (4)

U21 Professional Development League 2 South

Team: Salamon, Jude-Boyd, Pitblado, Murphy, Masterson, Aoraha, Adomah, Pedder, Bonne, Thomas, Shodipo

Subs: Zapieraczynski, Rossi, Bala, Ajose, Lloyd

Following a good move from midfield, the ball was played to Albert Adomah and his shot found the upright after flicking off a defender.

The Tractor Boys took the lead from their first attack of the afternoon. The ball was played along the edge of the box and Jesse Nwabueze squeezed his shot, low into the back of the net.

The visitors went further ahead minutes later following a wild challenge by Conor Masterson. Matt Ward made no mistake with the resulting free kick from just outside the penalty area.

Ipswich then notched up a third goal. Nwabueze’s back-header from a corner found the corner of the net.

At the other end, Albert Adomah’s shot from outside the box flashed wide of the upright.

The Tractor Boys added a fourth goal following a cross/shot, which ended up being kicked into the roof of the net. Initially it looked as if it might have been an own-goal, but it was credited to Gerrard Buabo.

Jesse Nwabueze stormed forward, and his resulting shot ended up just inches wide of the post.

Good work by Arkell Jude-Boyd on the right-flank, took him along the bye-line and after he had set-up Rafferty Pedder, the R’s No.8 forced a very good save from Woody Williamson.

Conor Masterson pulled a goal back with a powerful header following a corner.

Then, approaching the interval, Alex Aoraha’s fierce strike forced a very good save from the Ipswich keeper and the ball went behind for a corner. From which, Macauley Bonne saw his header bounce off the crossbar and go over for a goal-kick. Half-time: 1-4.

Into the second-half and it was Jesse Nwabueze who managed to hook the ball from the corner of the box and force an excellent save from Matteo Salamon.

Rangers were now in the ascendancy and after he had overlapped, Arkell Jude-Boyd’s effort from close to the bye-line, was well-saved by Woody Williamson and the ball went behind for a corner.

On 61 minutes, Paul Hall brought on Steven Bala at the expense of George Thomas.

The Ipswich keeper made an excellent stop and then went on to save Olamide Shodipo’s follow-up when he dived and scooped the ball up onto the bar and pass over.

Rangers got another goal in the 69th minute when Isaac Pitblado’s spectacular 30-yard shot looped over the Ipswich keeper.

And number three came just a minute later. Bonne’s seemingly under-hit shot was followed up by Steven Bala,who then tucked the ball into the net.

Mr Laflin booked an Ipswich player for a challenge from behind on Rafferty Pedder.

Olamide Shodipo then scored a dramatic equaliser. Looking like he had left it too late to shoot, and almost stumbling, he managed to place the ball precisely in the bottom corner.

Rangers went looking for a winner and, from a free kick, the ball was played to Albert Adomah, but his shot from fully 25-yards was well saved.

Conor Masterson was shown a second yellow card for tugging Nico Valentine’s shirt.

On 83 minutes, 18-year-old Ivo Rossi replaced Rafferty Pedder and Isaac Pitblado was booked for a rash challenge on an opponent.

Rangers were much the better side in the second-half and fully deserved to get something out of the game.

Steve Russell