QPR B (1) – Brentford B (3)

Grosvenor Vale Stadium

Team: Walsh, Drewe (Jude-Boyd), Kefalas, Gubbins, Domi(Pitblado), Amos, Duke-McKenna, Aoraha (Remy), Armstrong, Taylor-Crossdale, Mema (Mahorn)

Subs Not Used: Little, Williams-Lowe

Billed as QPR’s first ever official B team game Luke Amos captained the R’s side and with Paul Hall still away on international duty with Jamaica, Andy Impey and Paul Furlong took charge.

Rangers got off to an assertive start, but it was the visitors who went in front after six minutes when Nathan Young-Coombes buried the ball into the right-hand corner.

Aaron Drewe provided the R’s first shot on target after the ball had been well won and the Rangers full-back forcedMatthew Cox down to make the save.

Whilst at the other end, a ball sent over from the right-wing found two Bees players in space, but the resulting shot went wide.

With three Brentford players in close proximity, Luke Amos showed some wonderful skill when he dribbled his way out of trouble.

The away side were having the best of it and they doubled their lead on 42 minutes. Fin Stevens’ cross from the right was headed into the net by an unmarked Lachlan Brook. Half-time: 0-2.

Rangers were straight out of the blocks from the re-start. Taylor-Crossdale’s fierce effort hit the crossbar and Armstrong’s follow-up was pushed away by the Bees keeper.

Sinclair Armstrong got into a good goalscoring position afterbombing upfield, but his shot didn’t trouble the Brentford custodian.

On 58 minutes, Shiloh Remy came on for Alex Aoraha and five minutes later Trent Mahorn replaced Amelindo Mema.

The visitors increased their lead on 69 minutes after Duke-McKenna clipped Brook in the box and Mr Gill had no hesitation awarding a penalty. Nathan Young-Coombes made no mistake with his spot-kick.

Andy Impey then made his final two changes by bringing on Arkell Jude-Boyd and Isaac Pitblado in exchange for Aaron Drewe and Franklin Domi respectively.

Rangers did pull a goal back after 77 minutes when Trent Mahorn set-up Martell Taylor-Crossdale and the trialist then shot low and beyond Matthew Cox.

The match finished 3-1 to the visitors, but it was good to see Luke Amos play the whole 90 odd minutes.

Steve Russell