QPR U23 (1)- Ipswich Town U23 (1)

U23 Professional Development League

Team: Brzozowski, Drewe, Woollard-Innocent, Wells, Masterson, Rowan, Dalling, Duncan, Walker, Bansal-McNulty, Shodipo

Sub Not Used: Dickinson

Ipswich came into this match having not won a game all season. For the R’s, Aaron Drewe and Olamide Shodipo made their return from injury, whilst Amrit Bansal-McNulty captained the side.

The first real effort on goal came on four minutes, which saw Marcin Brzozowski superbly tip an unmarked Louis Fehrenbach’s header over the crossbar.

Whilst at the other end minutes later, two blocked efforts resulted in a corner for the R’s.

Then positioned outside the post, Lewis Walker nodded the ball gently across the box, but unfortunately no one was following up.

Tommy Hughes gave the visitors the lead eight minutes or so before the break with a low drive from fully 30 yards. Half-time: 0-1.

The second-half commenced with Olamide Shodipo temporarily upfront and Lewis Walker on the wing.

Following a good move started by Bansal-McNulty, Deshane Dalling in space, and after a slight hesitation, he pulled the trigger and the ball went behind for a corner.

Then a nice touch found Lewis Walker in a good position, which prompted him to turn and shoot low on target. But his effort lacked power and Adam Przybek was able to make a comfortable save.

Rangers got their deserved equaliser around the hour mark when Lewis Walker nodded down a perfect cross. The bounce of the ball helped deceive the Ipswich custodian.

A minute or so later Olamide Shodipo made way for Stephen Duke-McKenna.

The R’s almost got their noses in front when Dalling’s cross/shot forced Adam Przybek to dive backwards and superbly palm the ball away.

Soon after this, Marcin Brzozowski made an outstanding save when he dived low to keep out Ben Folami’s shot. And minutes later the R’s keeper made an excellent stop with his feet.

Rangers could well have taken the lead with two attempts minutes from the final whistle. Firstly when Lewis Walker was one-on-one with Adam Przybek and then just after, Jake Frailing curled his shot just wide of the post.

Play was halted when Mr Richardson went down winded after the ball had hit him powerfully in his midriff.

But it was the Tractor Boys who may well have won it in the dying moments, when one effort forced an excellent save from Brzozowski and another was cleared off the line.

Two other substitutions were made during the half with Jake Frailing and Joe Gubbins coming on for Charlie Rowan and Dylan Duncan respectively.

Steve Russell