QPR U18 (2) – Bolton Wanderers U18 (4)

U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: Little, McLean, Mongwele, Aoraha, Mahorn, Fahmy, De Silva, Jude-Boyd, Kargbo, Babajide, Oguntayo

(All three subs were used)

The Whites starting line-up included the likes of; Callum King-Harmes, Joe White, Sonny Graham and De ‘Marlio Brown-Sterling, who had all tasted League One action earlier in the season.

The first real opportunity of the morning fell to Hamzad Kargbo. A great shot from just outside the box was superbly fisted away by Luke Hutchinson.

The action switched to the other end where the visitors went close to taking the lead from an own-goal. This followed a cross, delivered low from the left flank after the ball had evaded Max Little.

However, the Whites did get their noses in front less than a minute later in similar circumstances. On this occasion Joe White’s cross from the left-wing did result in an own-goal.

Hamzad Kargbo’s low drive looked as if it was going wide, but it still prompted Luke Hutchinson to dive and put the ball behind for a corner.

Another opportunity for the R’s fell to Alex Aoraha, but his effort lacked power and the ball narrowly evaded the near post.

Finlay Lockett was booked by Mr Costache after the Bolton No.11 had impeded Mason McLean as he was about to take a free kick.

Next player to be shown a yellow card was Hamzad Kargbo after his foul on an opponent.

A wonderful deft touch by the QPR No.9 set up Dillon De Silva who proceeded to shoot wide of the upright.

De Silva was kicked from behind, leaving the R’s winger in need of some treatment. Thankfully he was able to come back on again.

Rangers equalised close to the break after a superb through ball by Babajide, which allowed Alex Aoraha to finish. Half-time: 1-1.

Max Little made a great save after the ball was belted at the near post just as the flag was raised simultaneously for offside.

Luke Hutchinson dived to his left to turn round Bunmi Babajide’s ferocious shot.
Then Dillon De Silva cut in from the left and his cross into the box was met by Babajide whose diving header flew just past the far post.

The game had gone a bit flat and on the hour mark Paul Furlong made two changes, which saw Harmeed Ishola and Raheem Conte replacing Arkell Jude-Boyd and Bunmi Babajide respectively.

A long ball knocked over from the left found a Whites player totally unmarked. His close range effort was aimed directly at Max Little, but keeping his legs together the opportunity was thwarted.

Hamzad Kargbo, situated at the far post, headed the ball over the crossbar from Alex Aoraha’s precise corner.

Kwame Osigwe was having an impressive match for the visitors, but he was yellow carded following a foul on Samuel Oguntayo. The R’s No.11 then made way for Henry Hawkins on 75 minutes.

Bolton took the lead a minute or so later when Joe White netted from close range at the far post.

With Max Little positioned on the edge of the box, the ball was headed off the line, but unfortunately it resulted in Brown-Sterling adding a third.

Dillon De Silva’s cross found Hamzad Kargbo in the six-yard box and his out-stretched leg wasn’t sufficient to finish.

A dangerous cross from the QPR No.7 was knocked onto the crossbar by Hutchinson, but Kargbo wasn’t able to finish.

On 80 minutes, a defensive error allowed Callum King-Harmes to score a fourth from just inside the box.

Four really should have been five when the Bolton player facing Max Little one-on-one somehow put the ball wide of the upright!

Rangers still looked to reducing the deficit. Luke Hutchinson managed to get a hand to Godson Mongwele’s cross into the six-yard box and De Silva following up, shot just wide of the post.

The home side did achieve a second goal with what was to be the last kick of the game when Mongwele’s cross was met by Hamzad Kargbo. His two-footed volley from close range was unstoppable.

Next up for Paul Furlong’s side is a visit to Birmingham City.

Steve Russell