QPR U23 (2) – Ipswich Town U23 (2)

U23 Professional Development League

Team: Brzozowski, Felix, Williams, Owens, Rowan, Wells, Tilt, Bansal-McNulty, Walker, Oteh, Dalling.

Subs Not Used: Dickinson, Omar.

On a blustery afternoon in West London, Ipswich Town arrived at Loftus Road as league leaders and unbeaten in seven matches.

The R’s starting line-up included 20-year-old defender, Charlie Rowan who had been released by Watford during the summer.

Ipswich took the lead in under a minute following Jack Lankester’s free kick from just outside the box. The ball was knocked into Shane McLoughlin who finished from six-yards.

Rangers equalised five minutes later after Oteh squared the ball from the bye-line. Bansal-McNulty lurking in space, then side-footed the ball into the back of the net.

Aramide Oteh started a good Rangers attack after some good ball control following Marcin Brzozowski’s kick into the centre-circle. Deshane Dalling then belted the ball low into the keeper’s gloves.

The Tractor Boys created a good opportunity from a swift counter-attack after a Rangers corner. A superb ball in from the right-flank towards his onrushing team mate was well anticipated and cleared to safety.

Ipswich made a strong appeal for a penalty but Mr Packman wasn’t interested, neither did he book the player for diving!

Joe Felix went on a good run down the right-wing and then had his shirt tugged as he cut in. No foul was awarded and the ball went behind for a corner.

Whilst at the other end, an Ipswich player’s shot appeared to swerve twice as it narrowly passed the far corner.

Jack Lankester was booked following a foul on the QPR custodian. Then Jack Williams was shown a yellow card despite the Ipswich player making a bit of a meal of it! It finished all square at half-time.

Caden Genovesi replaced Jack Williams for the commencement of the second-half.

The visitors got their noses in front after just two minutes. The referee pulled back play and Lankester’s free kick into the box from a good 35-yards out was glanced into the net by McLoughlin, leaving Brzozowski rooted to the spot.

Lewis Walker was put through into a good position but his shot lacked power and Harry Wright was able to make a comfortable save.

Amrit Bansal-McNulty was the next player to be booked after a tug on an opponents’ shirt.

Rangers equalised on 62 minutes following a lovely build-up resulting in Lewis Walker’s deft lay-off and Chay Tilt volleyed the ball into the net.

After 66 minutes Paul Hall introduced Faysal Bettache at the expense of Deshane Dalling.

A good ball found Oteh and the R’s No.10 shot powerfully at Harry Wright and the ball ended up going behind.

Millwall provide the opposition on Monday, 22nd October at Harlington.

Steve Russell