QPR U18 (3) – Wycombe Wanderers U18 (1)

Team: Hunter, Harriman, Waters, Ehmer, Bailey, Olley, Perring, Doughty, Cox, Molloy, Graham.
Subs: Sutherland, Parmenter, Bewick, Fernandez, Sanderson

Goals from Max Ehmer and Elliott Cox were enough to defeat Oxford United in a friendly the previous Saturday and congratulations to Frankie Sutherland and (we think) Michael Harriman on their selection for the Irish U17’s. Niki-Lee Bulmer told us about his nasty eye injury before the game and also unavailable for selection were Christian Nanetti and David Morley.With no wind, a few clouds, and bright sunshine, the game kicked off two minutes late.

The R’s were in front within two minutes when Daniel Bailey got his head to the ball from a corner and Elliott Cox was on hand to finish it off. ‘Bags’ Graham had the ball in the net again a few minutes later after the keeper couldn’t keep hold of the ball but it was correctly ruled offside. Cox was getting a lot of the ball and another good opportunity was created when he cut in from the right and the keeper could only parry his shot back to him which he then crossed into the box. Rangers were dominating the early stages and the running off the ball was excellent but it was Wycombe who should of scored next when, after hitting the post the ball luckily ended up safely in Aaron Hunter’s arms.

Daniel Bailey was getting his head to everything and ‘Reggie’ Perring was replaced by Frankie Sutherland. The Wycombe No.3 was booked for a foul on Michael Doughty. It was the visitors who were coming more and more into the game and from an interception, their goal attempt went just wide of the post. At the other end, Graham headed straight into the keepers hands following a long throw into the box. Their equaliser came after 42 minutes when the Wycombe player cut in and slotted the ball home. Half-time: 1-1

After the interval it was Wycombe who were having the best of it but it was the R’s who should of taken the lead when Graham hit the crossbar from close range. Rangers made their second substitution with Sam Bewick replacing Javonne Molloy. Hunter denied the visitors the lead when he made a superb save, diving low to push the ball round for a corner. Steve Gallen made his third and final change with the introduction of Tony Sanderson at the expense of Aaron Waters. With around 10 minutes of normal time remaining, a good ball over from Cox was superbly headed home by Sutherland. The victory was put beyond doubt when another cross from Elliott Cox was powerfully headed into the net by Sam Bewick two minutes into added time.

Well done to Steve Gallen, Birch and the boys for getting us off to a flying start. The Saturday Morning Mob also consisted of Alan Barnes, Rob Bennett, Roger Stokes plus Pat and Tom Harrison.

Steve Russell

2 thoughts on “QPR U18 (3) – Wycombe Wanderers U18 (1)

Comments are closed.