London Seaward (0) – QPR FC Women (3)

FA Women’s National League Division One (South East)

Team: Francis-Pownall, Curr, Searle, Owen, Lewin, Blodgett, Webster, Harris, Stanley, Hill, Petit

Subs: Nygaard-Parsons, Jordinson, Hennessy, McCrea, Cohen

London Seaward now play their home games at Redbridge FC’s Oakside Stadium, which is a short walk from Barkingside Underground Station. 

It was the Anchors who fashioned the first goalscoringattempt of the evening. After the Seaward No.10 was set-up, the ball went behind for a corner. This was followed by their No.27 shooting over the crossbar. 

Seaward continued to have the best of it and after a very good move, Mya Francis-Pownall made an excellent save at the near-post. They really should have taken the lead from the resulting corner, but the ball ended up going wide of the target. 

Izzy Owen had to be replaced by Laura Hennessy after receiving a very heavy blow to the face.

As Rangers began to grow into the game, Grace Stanley got into a good position, but she aimed her shot directly at the keeper. 

The R’s went one up after Frankie Webster had squared the ball and Kasha Petit was on hand to finish from close range. Half-time: 1-0.

Into the second-half, and it was the away side who continued where they had left off. Kasha Petit broke away and her strike close to the near-post, was stopped by Tia Ginn. The ball then went out a corner. 

Rangers doubled their lead on 55 minutes. Grace Stanley’s low shot from a widish position evaded the Seaward keeper.

Steve Quashie brought on Renai McCrea at the expense of Frankie Webster. 

The home side had the ball in the net after around 65 minutes, but it was disallowed for offside. Then the R’s also had a ‘goal’ ruled out for the same reason.

The next change saw Emilia Nygaard-Parsons replace Kasha Petit. 

As Rangers looked for a third goal, Grace Stanley got one-on-one with the keeper, but Tia Ginn did well to make the save with her legs. 

Lauren Jordinson was brought on and soon after she superbly volleyed the ball into the net from Ellie Searle’s cross.

Tia Ginn made further saves in the closing stages to deny the R’s increasing their lead. 

Rangers took on Moneyfields next in a National League Cup tie at the Powerday Stadium. 

Steve Russell