QPR B (4) – Charlton Athletic U21 (2)

U21 Professional Development League 2

Team: Mahoney, Harrack, Hawkins, Aoraha, Woodman, Hamid, De Silva, Pedder, Kargbo, Bala, Dunbar-Bonnie

Subs: Salamon, Angelov, Dougui, Murphy, Cotter

The Addicks took the lead as early as the sixth minute after Murphy Mahoney had spilled the initial shot and Ryan Viggars was well-placed to finish.

Although the visitors had been the more dangerous, the R’s equalised following Deago Dunbar-Bonnie’s good work down the left-flank. Rafferty Pedder then set-up Hamzad Kargbo and his effort was followed up by Dillon De Silva.

Rangers took the lead just before the break after Dillon De Silva had cut-in and the QPR No.7 then superbly curled his shot into the back of the net. Half-time: 2-1.

Into the opening minutes of the second-half and Hamzad Kargbo, upon receiving the ball in the box, juggled with it but just couldn’t get his shot away or lay it off.

Steven Bala picked up a loose ball in the 49th minute and after rounding Ahmed Kone, the R’s No.10 slotted it home.

Then, a few minutes later, after sweeping forward, Steven Bala’s low shot, just evaded the upright.

Around the hour-mark, Dillon De Silva was fouled in a wide-right position. Before Rafferty Pedder had stepped up to take the free kick, Harry Murphy came on for Alex Aoraha.

Just a few minutes later, Mr Parkinson booked Hamzad Kargbo for kicking the ball away.

Charlton pulled a goal back when Tolu Ladapo struck the ball past Murphy Mahoney from close-range.

Adam Dougui was introduced on 68 minutes at the expense of Deago Dunbar-Bonnie.

Rangers added a fourth goal on 83 minutes following Harry Murphy’s free kick into the box. Deon Woodman headed the ball down, and Kayden Harrack was on hand to finish from close range.

Just before the final whistle Mr Parkinson sent off Jeremy Santos after a heavy challenge on Steven Bala.

Two other changes were made in the second-half, which saw Riley Cotter and Peter Angelov replace Harun Hamid and Rafferty Pedder respectively.

Four days later the R’s travelled to Watford.

Steve Russell