London Seaward (2) – QPR Women FC (1)

FA Women’s National League Division One (South East)

Team: McLean, Leys, Searle, Grieve, Jordinson, Lewin, Hall, Hennessy, Wardlaw, Moore, Petit

Subs: Akerman, Nygaard-Parsons, Blodgett, Carolan, Pope

After meeting up with Sammy at Hanger Lane Station, the packed train included a large number of fans travelling to the NFL match at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Into the game and it was Ellie Searle who seized upon a loose ball and her shot from inside the box was saved by the keeper.

After the home side had broken away, the ball was squared in the box, which Katie McLean bravely grabbed at the feet of an opponent.

At the other end, Ellen Wardlaw got into a one-on-one position with the keeper and her effort was well saved. The follow-up ended up going behind for a corner.

QPR were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box, which resulted in Mel Hall blasting the ball over the crossbar.

London Seaward broke away again and Katie McLean made a very good save from close range.

Rangers took the lead just before the break following a free kick. Ellie Searle then squared the ball and Brogan Moore was well-placed to finish. Half-time: 1-0.

The home side went close to equalising in the first-minute of the re-start after the ball was knocked over from the right. Katie McLean went down to make a very brave save but this time she required some treatment.

The London Seaward keeper made a very good save and the follow-up ended up going behind for a corner.

Suzy Davies equalised for the home side mid-way through the half following a penetrating counter-attack.

Katie McLean denied London Seaward a second goal after making a superb close-range save.

The London Seaward No.20 was sin-binned presumably for some verbals aimed at Mr Bucur?

Substitute, Emilia Nygaard-Parsons, belted the ball just wide of the target from just wide of the box.

As the R’s looked to re-take the lead, Mel Hall took hold of a great ball and let fly from fully 25-yards, but it sailed just over the crossbar.

In the closing stages, Sam Lanza slotted the ball into the bottom corner, to give the home side the lead.

Katie McLean dashed  from her line to just outside the box, where she collided with an opponent. Mr Bucur then harshly awarded a free kick to London Seaward!

The final whistle followed shortly after.

Steve Russell