QPR U21 (0) – Sheffield United U21 (2)

U21 Professional Development League 2 South

Team: Walsh, Harrack, Gubbins, Woodman, Pitblado, Aoraha, Pedder, Duke-McKenna, Kolli, Bettache, De Silva

Subs: Salamon, Rendall (Mahorn?), Flaherty, Murphy, Lloyd

Following a win and a draw away from home, the Rangers U21’s took on Sheffield United at the Powerday Stadium.

Good to see 17-year-old Rayan Kolli starting upfront for the R’s.

Theo Williams went close for the Blades in the early stages and they then took the lead after 12 minutes. George Broadbent rounded the advancing Joe Walsh before slotting the ball into the back of the net.

Rayan Kolli burst down the right-wing before smashing his shot into the side-netting.

Theo Williams curled his effort over the crossbar and surprisingly Mr Olhausen awarded a corner?

After Rangers had given the ball away, United were awarded a free kick for an infringement. Fernando Macedo stepped up and forced Joe Walsh into superbly tipping the ball over the crossbar.

Faysal Bettache went on a great run from midfield, which took him to the edge of the box. Looking like he was going to pull the trigger, instead, he passed to Stephen Duke-McKenna who then took aim but the ball ended up being cleared.

Harry Murphy was brought on to replace Rafferty Pedder and at half-time it remained 1-0 to the visitors.

For the start of the second-half, Alfie Lloyd was introduced at the expense of Rayan Kolli.

As Rangers looked for an equaliser, Faysal Bettache’s excellent shot forced Dylan Wharton into a superb diving save. The ball was then headed off the line from the resulting corner.

This was an assertive start for the R’s and shortly after, the Blades keeper made another very good save from Alex Aoraha.

Around the hour-mark, Alfie Lloyd was set-up after good work by Stephen Duke-McKenna. His low shot was on target, but it was deflected just wide of the far post. Then Bettache’s corner found Dillon De Silva who proceeded to shoot just wide of the upright

Whilst at the other end, after a swift breakaway, Deon Woodman made a great interception in the box to deny the visitors.

The final change was made in the 73rd minute when Stan Flaherty replaced Alex Aoraha. This was after Trent Rendall (Mahorn?) had been brought on earlier.

The Blades secured their win in the 85th minute when substitute Louie Marsh fired his shot low into the corner.

Good to see Mick Beale amongst those in attendance.

Steve Russell