QPR U23 (1) Coventry City U23 (2)

U23 Professional Development League

Team: Barnes, Williams-Lowe, Gubbins, Wells, Rowan, Suliman, Duke-McKenna, Bansal-McNulty, Walker, Frailing, Dalling

Subs Not Used: Dickinson, Drewe.

Ben Wells captained the Rangers side and also in the starting line-up was 21-year-old centre-back trialist, Easah Suliman.

The first real goalscoring opportunity of the match came following a dangerous cross from Deshane Dalling into the six-yard box, but a well-placed Lewis Walker couldn’t connect with the ball.

Rangers were awarded a free kick after some neat footwork from Amrit Bansal-McNulty had taken him to the corner of the box and close to the bye-line. From which, the ball ended up over the crossbar despite the attempts of two R’s players to put it in the net.

Whilst at the other end, a ball from the right almost caught out Dillon Barnes, but he managed to keep it out with his feet. Then, a free header whizzed past the post after the visitors had been awarded a free kick.

However, the Sky Blues took the lead following a defensive mistake. Initially Dillon Barnes managed to stop the ball with an outstretched leg, but Max Biamou was on hand to nod it into the net from very close range.

QPR equalised on 30 minutes after a twisting, turning run from Bansal-McNulty took him into the box, where he was cynically flattened! Lewis Walker made no mistake from the penalty spot.

It was getting noticeably darker and a bit of a cheer went up after 35 minutes when the lights started to come on. Half-time: 1-1.

The R’s got off to a positive start after the break. Deshane Dalling wriggled his way into the box, but Tom Billson managed to clutch his low drive at the near post.

Paul Hall made his first change on 67 minutes when he brought on Shiloh Remy for Jake Frailing.

A very nice bit of skill from Deshane Dalling saw him control the ball superbly on his chest. Then, situated well in the QPR half, he sped off upfield, but it came to nothing unfortunately.

There was a big shout for a Rangers penalty when Tom Billson clearly tripped Lewis Walker in the box, but Mr Hughes wasn’t interested!

He was interested however when Jonny Ngandu went down in area. Max Biamou stepped up and scored his second goal of the afternoon, placing the ball in the corner of the net.

On 83 minutes, Nathan Carlyle was introduced at the expense of Charlie Rowan.

As QPR looked for an equaliser, Deshane Dalling’s low shot from outside the box forced Tom Billson to palm the ball away.

Rangers deserved something out of the game, but it was the visitors who secured the points.

Watford are set to visit Harlington on the 25th November.

Steve Russell