QPR U18 (1) – Leeds United U18 (3)

U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: White, Drewe, Domi, Remy, Carlyle, Gubbins, Williams-Lowe, Dalipi, Kendall, Frailing, De Silva

Sub Not Used: Cooper

My mate Simon Staal had flown in from Sweden earlier that morning and I met up with him at Hounslow East Station.

On a very warm morning at Heston, the R’s starting line-up once again included defensive-midfielder, Kevin Dalipi, who had been involved previously with West Ham United.

Joe Gubbins was booked after 90 seconds for an infringement just outside the penalty area. The R’s wall did its job from the resulting free kick as the ball went behind for a corner.

At the other end, Nathan Carlyle positioned outside the box, did very well in a tight situation, but his effort cleared the bar.

Good feet down the left-flank from Dillon De Silva took him past three defenders, before sending his shot into the side netting.

After the visitors were awarded a free kick, the Leeds right-back made his way over to take it.

He curled his shot, which Harvey White saw late, but he still managed to stop it and the ball went behind. The resulting corner was headed wide by an unmarked Whites player.

Following a cross from the right, I think it was Henri Kumwenda who rose highest to give Leeds the lead.

Then, shortly after, the R’s went two down after the unmarked Ollie Casey flicked in a header.

The Whites went close to a third when a diving header just evaded the far post.

Kayden Williams-Lowe took off down the right-wing and after his cross went wayward over the crossbar it was good to see Shiloh Remy run over to him and pat him on the back.

Rangers did pull a goal back on 39 minutes when Charley Kendall drilled the ball low into the corner from just inside the box following good work by Aaron Drewe.

A Leeds corner from the right resulted in a free header finishing wide of the upright.

QPR went very close to scoring an equaliser when Dillon De Silva’s shot flashed narrowly wide of the post.

Seconds before the break, Mr Hickman booked Nathan Carlyle for a foul close to the bye-line. Half-time: 1-2.

Within a minute or so of the re-start, Harvey White made a great save after the ball was blasted at him and the follow-up was knocked wide.

Nathan Carlyle’s powerful effort from a corner was blocked by a defender.

The R’s went even closer from a free kick after Jake Frailing was knocked down whilst in a central position outside the box. A light touch to Joe Gubbins and the QPR captain forced Josh Rae into a superb one-handed save.

After 65 minutes, Charley Kendall was on the end of a nasty challenge, thankfully after receiving treatment he was okay to continue, but it didn’t look as if the culprit was penalised for it?

Leeds scored a third twenty minutes from time from a near post, close range header.

Paul Furlong made a double change five minutes later. Nathan Carlyle and Charley Kendall made way for Kai Woollard-Innocent and Trent Mahorn respectively.

After setting off on a good run, Jake Frailing paused, turned and fired his shot just wide of the post. Full-back Franklin Domi was pushing well forward in an attempt to help create something.

The pacey Henri Kumwenda bombed forward and brought out an excellent one-handed save from the R’s keeper.

One feature of the game was the deadly heading ability of Ollie Casey and with about four minutes remaining, his free header was well saved by Harvey White.

Leeds deserved their victory and next up for Paul Furlong’s side is a trip to Birmingham.

Steve Russell