Crystal Palace U18 (1) – QPR U18 (2)

U18 Professional Development League 2

Team: Cooper, Drewe, Domi, Remy, Mahorn, McLean, Raymond-Callender, Dalipi, Frailing, Antwi, Grant,

Sub Not Used: White

I met up with Alan Barnes at London Bridge and we set off to Lower Sydenham Station. Alan and ChrisPTenner had made the same journey a week previously, but the match was abandoned after the heavens had opened!

No team sheets were available, but we worked out most of the Rangers starting line-up. It was later ascertained that also included were defensive midfielder, Kevin Dalipi who was on West Ham’s books, and Cameron Antwi, a former Fulham player.

Palace were hardly in the QPR half as the R’s bossed the opening stages.

Dejarhn Grant went on a great run down the left-wing, cut through two defenders, but his ball knocked over to the right came to nothing.

With no recognised striker, Jake Frailing was well placed to slot the ball home after six minutes.

The home side’s first effort came after John-Kymani Gordon broke through to face Murphy Cooper one-on-one. The R’s keeper denied him with a superb stop with his legs.

The Eagles provided another goalscoring opportunity, but the Rangers keeper managed to get a hand to the ball and it went behind for a corner.

The away side were enjoying loads of possession together with good movement and crisp passing.

Defender Trent Mahorn made a superb interception, but was fouled as he endeavoured to take the ball upfield.

Following a free kick, Jude Russell hit the outside of the post as Murphy Cooper ran out to narrow the angle.

At the other end, Kevin Dalipi’s effort hit a defender, which then spun over the Eagles keeper and narrowly evaded the upright. Half-time: 1-0.

Five minutes after the interval, the home side’s initial attempt was screwed wide.

On 58 minutes, Isaac Pitblado was introduced at the expense of Franklin Domi.

Following some poor defending on 60 minutes, the ball wasn’t cleared and TQ Addy scored Palace’s equaliser from around six-yards.

Five minutes or so later, after some excellent work in midfield from Shiloh Remy, Isaac Piblado let fly from 25-yards and the ball took a deflection before hitting the back of the net.

Paul Furlong’s second change was made on 80 minutes when Dejarhn Grant was replaced by Kayden Williams-Lowe.

Some excellent defending by Trent Mahorn saw him quickly intercept at the bye-line. From the resulting corner, the danger was averted when ball was cleared to safety.

Still looking for an equaliser, a Palace player swivelled and slammed his effort low which Murphy Cooper clutched firmly to his chest.

Shiloh Remy knocked the ball across the six-yard box, which hit the far post and then went away.

Just minutes from the final whistle, a Palace player fired his shot at goal from close range and the R’s keeper made an outstanding save.

After the 6-1 defeat at Millwall on Saturday, Paul Furlong’s side deserved this victory.

Steve Russell