Nottingham Forest (0) – QPR (0)

Team: Smithies, Perch, Onuoha, Hall, Konchesky, Luongo, Faurlin, Phillips (Chery), Hoilett (Washington), Fer, Polter

Subs Not Used: Ingram, Angella, Henry, Tozser, Mackie

Attendance: 17,030 (including 349 R’s fans)

Nottingham Forest extended their unbeaten run to 13 matches, but they were shut out by QPR.

Ben Osborn struck the left-hand post for Forest before Robert Tesche saw his 25-yard strike hit the bar.

The R’s went close when keeper Dorus de Vries pushed Alejandro Faurlin’s curling free kick on to the woodwork.

Chances were at a premium in the second-half, with Forest’s Oliver Burke wasting the best of them when released by fellow substitute Jamie Ward.

Both goalkeepers were the main factor in a lively contest. De Vries twice thwarted Junior Hoilett in the opening period, the first of which saw him dive full stretch to tip an angled drive around the right-hand post.

But QPR goalkeeper Alex Smithies was not to be outdone, touching over Michael Mancienne’s far-post header following Tesche’s right-wing corner. He also kept out a low drive from Nelson Oliveira, who had scored in six of his previous seven games at the City Ground.

With just under half an hour to go, transfer-window signing Conor Washington was brought on as the Londoners continue to adjust to life without striker Charlie Austin.

Both sides pushed for a winner, but Burke dragged an effort wide after cutting in from the right and the visitors’ Leroy Fer headed well over.

The draw means the R’s have won just once in 11 attempts since the appointment of manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and they have still never won at Forest in 32 attempts.

Forest manager Dougie Freedman’s frustration will be drawn from the fact that their long unbeaten run in all competitions has contained seven draws.

Matt Halfpenny (BBC Sport)
forest v QPRWe managed to park up quite close to the ‘Stratford Haven’ this time and met up in the pub with a couple of other Rangers fans.

QPR links to the home side included; Dougie Freedman, Dexter Blackstock and Michael Mancienne.

Forest had the best of the first-half, including hitting both the post and the crossbar within a short period.

However, Rangers picked after the interval but the game was overshadowed for the R’s faithful when news filtered through just before half-time that Alan Barnes had been involved in a serious road accident!

Our thoughts and prayers are with him at this time and wish him a speedy recovery. Get well soon Al.

My thanks to Paul for the lift and for dropping me off home.

Steve Russell