QPR (0) – Sheffield Wednesday (0)

Team: Green, Onuoha, Hall, Hill, Konchesky, Sandro, Tozser, Phillips, Luongo, Chery, Emmanuel-Thomas (Fer)

Subs Not Used: Smithies, Angella, Hoilett, Doughty, Faurlin, Henry

Attendance: 15,471 (including 1,721 Wednesday fans)

Well as predicted as I walked away from the ‘Theatre of Nightmares’ last night, Ramsey said he was pleased with the point and a clean sheet.

Well Alf, let me tell you the POINT is that YOU have been given a full pre-season and a dozen games to develop a side that plays Charles Hughes hoofball of the 80’s, lacks any creativity in midfield, and continues to play like Queen’s Park Strangers.

We had no striker on the bench and yet again he had no idea how to change a game when being outplayed, plays one upfront at home and continues to play an untouchable skipper who lacks any form of leadership and struggles at any position he plays – BUT Alf, congratulations, you have unveiled our secret weapon – THE LONG THROW FFS!!!

I was all for giving Alf a chance, but enough is enough and with the players obviously not playing for the manager and Warnock being introduced to the mix, the trap door is creaking open!!!

MK Dons was Warnock’s last game in charge will Franchise FC play another role in Warnock’s relationship with Rangers?

qpr v swfcSheffield Wednesday were left fuming with referee Andy Haines after he denied them a host of decisions. QPR captain Clint Hill was lucky to stay on the pitch at the end of the first-half and then appeared fortunate not to give away a penalty early in the second, which left the players questioning the referee.

Manager Carlos Carvalhal said: “I won’t talk about the referee, they have a difficult job to do. Everyone can see what happened, so they can judge it for themselves. There are people in the stands to analyse these things and that is their job. I am disappointed to have only taken two points from the last two games. I wanted six.”

In a game of few chances, Wednesday had the better of the play with midfielder Barry Bannan having the best chance when he turned Nedum Onuoha inside out before firing his shot wide of Rob Green’s goal.

Late in the first-half, Hill lost control of the ball and upended the onrushing Modou Sougou on the edge of the area but referee Haines waved play on. Sougou looked to be in a bad way and after 11 minutes of treatment was carried off on a stretcher and taken to hospital with a suspected dislocated shoulder.

And the delay almost caught the visitors off-guard when Westwood pulled off a smart save to deny Chery from close range deep into stoppage time.

Then at the beginning of the second-half, substitute Lucas Joao went down in the area after a challenge from Hill – but again Haines was unmoved.

QPR manager Chris Ramsey believes the referee got both decisions right, he said: “I thought Clint was a bit rusty but recovered well after he lost the ball at the end of the first-half and on the penalty decision I believe that he won the ball.”

And QPR could have nicked all three points when Chery again was denied by a point blank save by Westwood midway through the second-half. But the game looked destined to end goal-less when under pressure Ramsey took off QPR’s only out-and-out fit striker Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and replaced him with Leroy Fer – a move that was met by a chorus of boos.

But the point will have come as a relief to Ramsey who has seen his side pick up just one win in the last six weeks. At the final whistle, boos rang around Loftus Road as QPR’s chances of a return to the Premier League at the first attempt looked to be slipping away.

Ramsey added: “It (the booing) does not help me, but it is part of the job when sitting in this chair. The fans are entitled to their opinions as they have paid their money to come here on a Tuesday night.”

“I’m disappointed we did not get the three points, but we have not had many clean sheets this season so we can build on this.”

James Andrew – Daily Mail (extract)

As the first-half was drawing to a close, Clint Hill challenged Modou Sougou on the edge of the box, which resulted in the latter laying motionless on the pitch.

Expecting him to jump up at any moment, play continued as Rangers went on the attack and it wasn’t until the Wednesday keeper booted the ball out of play that Sougou’s plight was taken seriously. Whilst he was still down, two minutes added time was announced and it was a while before it was implemented.

Rangers created a few chances in second-half, which included Matt Phillips firing over the crossbar after bursting through from the right.

Credit to the 1,700+ Wednesday fans who had turned out in good numbers on a Tuesday night.

As on Saturday, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas’s departure provoked howls of derision and another chorus of: “You Don’t Know What You’re Doing.” I have to say that it’s been a long time since I’ve witnessed so much yawning around me!!!

Neil Warnock?

Steve Russell