QPR U18 (0) – Brentford U18 (3)

Team: Lumley, McDonnell, Walker, Champion, Brown, Sendles-White, Fitzpatrick, Daly, Gibbons, Monthe, Webb

This was a re-arranged league match which kicked off at 1pm last Tuesday. Gareth Deane was nursing an injury, Frankie Sutherland was away on international duty and Petros Skapetis was in attendance, but seemingly not one of the substitutes.

Once again Manny Monthe started upfront and he soon created a good chance. Picking up speed in the box, he screwed the ball wide of the far post. Although the R’s had the best of the possession in the early stages, it was the visitors who took the lead within 10 minutes. Rangers lost the ball in midfield and Myles Hippolyte took the route one option, beat the last defender and successfully slotted the ball under Joe Lumley.

As Rangers looked for an equaliser, Manny Monthe turned in the box, pulled the trigger and the keeper did well to hold on to the ball. At the other end, Joe Lumley made a very good save. Then following a free kick on the right flank, Jordan Gibbons’s well flighted cross into the six-yard box was tipped onto the crossbar and with two Rangers players lurking, the ball was eventually cleared in front of the goal-line. Half-time: 0-1

Jordan Gibbons was struggling during the latter stages of the 1st half so Steve Gallen brought on Brandon Comley. Unusually, the R’s first corner of the match was awarded 10 minutes or so into the 2nd half. Shortly after, Hippolyte doubled Brentford’s lead with his second goal from close range. However, Rangers were still creating chances and enjoying most of the possession. Freddy Champion tried to deceive the keeper with a smart chip, but it just cleared the crossbar. Manny Monthe was replaced by Tobi Adekunle and the R’s final change was Conor Hubble coming on for James Daly.

Hubble almost immediately tested the Brentford keeper, but he shot straight at him and he was able to make a comfortable save. Into the last few minutes and Tobi Adekunle was looking very lively upfront. His spectacular overhead kick was saved by the keeper. Then, following up a deflected shot, Callum Webb fired straight at the Brentford custodian. The visitors’ one and only substitution was made in the final few minutes and was immediately responsible for their final goal. He got into position near the corner flag and floated the ball over from the bye-line. Although Joe Lumley got a hand to the ball, he could only help it on its way. Full-time: 0-3.

Next game will be against Gillingham on Saturday. The Harlington Crew also included Alan Barnes, Roger Stokes, Clive Kingham, Declin Daly plus Pat and Tom Harrison.

Steve Russell

One thought on “QPR U18 (0) – Brentford U18 (3)

  1. Many thanks, Steve. Prob just a bad day at the office. I’ll be there tomorrow. If the first team play like a bunch of pregnant pussies again tomorrow I’d chuck these kids in, we might need them next season.

Comments are closed.