Luton Town U18’s (0) – QPR U18’s (1)

Team: Crowther, Coyne, Brown, O’Brien, Ford, Harris, Morgan-Cummings, Davenport, German, Arthur, Parker
Subs Used: Smith for Davenport, Fernandez for Parker
Subs Not Used: Goodchild, Wright, Vanterpool

QPR playing with the wind in the 1st half, were over hitting the ball at times. On 9 minutes, Antonio German headed a Chris Arthur corner over the bar. Ten minutes later, another corner from Arthur found German and this time his header was cleared off the line by a Luton defender. On 25 minutes, Rangers thought that they had scored when German collected the ball and fired it into the net but his joy was short lived as the linesman had raised his flag. Josh Parker was given offside as he was in front of the keeper and interfering with play. Five minutes before half time, a shot on the run by Arthur went just inches over the bar. I counted ten corners for the R’s in the first half. Half Time: 0-0

The R’s started the 2nd half as they had finished the 1st, well on top. On 53 minutes, a Chris Arthur free kick found the head of Josh Ford but was saved by the Luton keeper. Five minutes later, Danny Fernandez replaced Josh Parker. The breakthrough finally came on 62 minutes when a dazzling run by Aaron Morgan-Cummings, ended when he crossed the ball hard and low and it went in off a Luton defender to give Rangers a deserved lead. A few minutes later, Terry Smith came on for Danny Davenport. With 73 minutes gone, a snapshot by Fernandez brought a good save from the Luton keeper and from the resulting corner, he was on hand again but this time the ball went narrowly wide.

The only time that Reece Crowther made any kind of save came following a long ball. Billy Coyne appealed for handball but the referee wasn’t interested, thankfully the shot was weak and the ball went tamely into his gloves. Just before the end, Terry Smith crossed and a Morgan-Cummings shot went wide. The referee added 2 minutes before blowing the final whistle. Also in attendance today were Alan Barnes, Roger Stokes and Clive snr.

Robert Bennett