QPR U18 (7) – Barnet U18 (2)

Team: Goodchild, Coyne, Brown, O’Brien, Ford, Harris, Balanta, Davenport, German, Rose, Arthur
Subs Used: Vanterpool for O’Brien, Parker for Balanta and Folkes for Rose.
Subs Not Used: Crowther and Wright

Barnet had already been beaten 4-0 in the Puma Youth Alliance Cup in October and it took QPR just 3 minutes to create their first chance. A Rangers attack was cleared to the edge of the box and the ball fell to Danny Davenport who fired just over the bar. Moments later, Romone Rose received a warning after clashing with a Barnet defender. On 9 minutes, the R’s opened the scoring when an Angelo Balanta cross found Rose who beat the last defender and tucked it underneath the keeper. Rangers then had a let off when a Barnet attacker shot towards an empty goal but Billy Coyne got back in time to head the ball off the goal line.

8 minutes later, the R’s scored a second when Rose fed Balanta who then returned it back to Rose who proceeded to take the ball round the keeper. Straight from the kick-off, the visitors pulled a goal back when a cross from the left found an attacker unmarked who easily put the ball away into an empty goal. QPR then created a number of good chances through German and also two each from Rose and Balanta. Half Time: QPR 2 Barnet 1.

The R’s went further ahead within 2 minutes of the re-start. A fine run by German ended when he passed to Balanta who managed to beat the keeper with ease. On 54 minutes, Cyrus Vanterpool replaced Matt O’Brien. Soon after, a rare Barnet attack ended with a shot that hit the outside of the post. Rangers then went on to score 3 goals in 6 minutes. Chris Arthur made a run down the wing and his cross from the by-line was headed in by Romone Rose which completed his hat-trick. This was Rose’s last contribution before being replaced by James Folkes. The next goal came within a couple of minutes when a clever back-heel by Balanta found German who shot beyond the keeper. The fifth was closely followed by Folkes scoring from close range.

Josh Parker came on for Chris Arthur after 78 minutes. The visitors pulled a goal back when Goodchild misjudged a cross. He dropped the ball and a Barnet player was on hand to make no mistake putting it away. It was now 6-2 but there was still one more goal to come. It came on 86 minutes when German’s perseverance got him to the by-line and he then managed to cross for James Folkes to head home.