For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Bill Elkins

Stan Bowles

Post by Bill Elkins »

Just been for a quick look on the Loftforwords website. A poster has commented that Stan's daughter
Tracy, via X, has said that her Dad is in a Manchester Hospital, and that the prognosis is not good.
No other comments as yet.
steveqpr881

Re: Stan Bowles

Post by steveqpr881 »

Fingers crossed for The Man.
Tommy Cunningham

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

Thanks for the memories Stan, a true QPR legend.

RIP Stan Bowles 🙏
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Post by Steve Russell »

I was told pre-match today that Stan was unconscious & had received
the last rites!!!

We had known how poorly he was but it still comes as a great shock.

I still have that image in my minds eye of him heading for the tunnel
& that last wave to the fans.

Thanks for the memories Stan, you are now at peace.

'Born is the King of Loftus Road''

A true Rangers legend who will never be forgotten...

God Bless Stan...
Bill Elkins

Re: Stan Bowles - Rest in Peace

Post by Bill Elkins »

God bless you Stan.

Difficult to put into words how I feel right now.

May you Rest in Peace Stanley, and thank you.
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Such a sad ending for a man who gave so much pleasure to those who watched him play.
A truly great player in these days of ordinary players being praised for having only half the
talent he had.

When he joined in 1972 from Carlisle you just knew this was a special player. I think I’m correct in saying he
stood out as someone special the previous season for Carlisle in their game at the Rs despite them losing to us.
He was “different” and there are so many images in my mind of him and his great teammate and friend Don Shanks
including sipping a spectator’s beer and reading a program during a break in play. He dared to be a maverick but always
performed to the highest level with great vision.

He will not be forgotten and I hope the club give him a fitting and permanent tribute. RIP.
Tommy Cunningham

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

I went to a Barclays Bank dinner function many years ago, the guest speaker that evening
was Sir Trevor Brooking.

He told the guests of the time he was on England duty and his roommate was Stan Bowles, they were staying in a
hotel in Cardiff preparing for a Home International fixture against Wales on the Saturday. He went on to say that on the
Friday before the game, the reps from the various sports companies ie. Adidas, Puma and Gola etc would visit the
players in their rooms requesting players wear their brand of football boots. However, the rep from Adidas agreed to
pay Sir Trevor Brooking and our beloved Stan £500 each to wear Adidas boots for the game, each player was given £500
in cash in envelopes and deals were agreed. Well that was what Sir Trevor thought.

A couple of hours after they had a knock on the door from the Gola rep, he was keen for both players to wear Gola on the day.
Sir Trevor refused saying he had already agreed a deal to wear a different brand of boots, but Stan asked the rep how much
was on offer to wear his boots. Much to Sir Trevor Brooking’s surprise our Stan then agreed a deal to wear Gola boots on the day,
our Stan now had agreed deals to wear Adidas and Gola boots on the day. Sir Trevor Brooking said he couldn’t help but laugh at the
antics of our Stan.

Come game day on the Saturday at Ninian Park Cardiff, our beloved Stanley Bowles took to the pitch wearing 1 Adidas boot and 1
Gola boot.

I have no doubt there will be countless stories of Stanley Bowles over the years, a genius of a footballer and a QPR legend.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Stan.

RIP Stanley Bowles.
Conor Campbell

Post by Conor Campbell »

Very sad news to hear that Stan has passed. I met him once and he had all the time in the world to chat
away with no Big I Am whatsoever - just like having a pint with a mate.

I started supporting QPR at 5 years old in 1975 and Stan and his squad hooked me right away. I couldn’t have been
prouder or more committed to be a QPR fan.

Sorry to see the difficult end to Stan’s life as so much of our families face these days.

Brilliant memories to hold onto and I have always enjoyed my QPR journey since Stan’s days

Stan at his peak would be one of the true elite in today’s game without a doubt. England did not benefit from his
talents as much as they could have.

As you all say, Stan will never be forgotten and will always be regarded as a legend in anybody’s reckoning of English football.

Rest in peace Stan. And thank you sir.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Post by Steve Russell »

The Indy R's cheque presentation to Stan 8 years ago....

https://www.indyrs.co.uk/2016/05/indy-r ... an-bowles/
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

One of the giants - not only of our team, but of his generation.
Truly talented and an entertainer.
When you saw Stan play, you knew you were watching a genius.
Condolences to the family, goodbye & thank you, Stanley.