Author Message

INDEPENDENT Rs | The Harlington Herald : 1-3 defeat for the U18's Today...

Post new topic  Reply to topic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:14 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 11357Location: W12 now South Harrow
Chris tells me that the U18's went down 1-3 to Barnsley at Heston today.
Sinclair Armstrong scored our goal

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 11357Location: W12 now South Harrow
Report from the Club...

QPR Under-18s conceded two late goals as they were beaten 3-1 by Barnsley at Heston on Saturday afternoon.

The first big chance went Barnsley’s way following a ball into the box which fell to Angus Chapman, but his shot smacked the post.

Thirty-three minutes in, Rangers' Chima Eze, Omar Eisa and Harrison Murphy all combined, with the latter's edge-of-the-box attempt tipped around the post by the visiting goalkeeper.

The Barnsley custodian was then called into action again, this time denying Sinclair Armstrong. The goalie made himself big to make the save from close range.

The R's continued to dominate, and Alex Aoroha curled a left-footed shot into the arms of the goalkeeper.

With five minutes to go before half-time, the Super Hoops nearly found the breakthrough as they continued their good spell in the game. Harun Hamid played an excellent through ball to Eisa, who forced another smart save from the ‘keeper.

With just over an hour played, the R's did take the lead. A lovely through ball by Aoroha freed Armstrong, who managed to dink the ball an onrushing ‘keeper with his left foot to make it 1-0.

Rangers were knocking the ball about nicely until Sam Bagan slipped with the ball at his feet, giving Barnsley a golden opportunity. Thankfully, Bagan recovered well with help from Tom Middlehurst in between the sticks to snuff out the danger.

Murphy scored a 94th-minute free-kick in midweek and he nearly netted another on Saturday, but the ball crashed back off the post to deny the R's from doubling their lead.

Despite all of those chances, it was Barnsley who got the next goal from a ball over the top which was finished off by Jack Sherlock - lobbing Middlehurst.

Unfortunately, with four minutes to go Sherlock scored again after a counter attack down the left-hand side which he finished off by shooting low and hard across goal.

As the Rs pushed forward looking for an equaliser, they were caught out by another Barnsley break. Chapman's cross-shot from the edge of the box hit the inside of the post and then fell to Sherlock, who was on the scene to score his hat-trick from a yard out.

QPR: Middlehurst, Jude-Boyd (E. Anthony 61), Bagan, Aoroha, Woodman, Hawkins, Eze (M. Anthony 45), Hamid, Armstrong, Murphy, Eisa.

Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1
2 posts
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum