INDEPENDENT Rs | The Boot Room : Yesterday's Draw v the Fakers....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:35 pm Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pmPosts: 11191Location: W12 now South Harrow
A fairly even 1st half. We did have a couple of good chances, Charlie sliced one wide as did Barbet but we managed to take the lead just before ht.

Dykes' goal followed a superb move involving Ilias & Lee Wallace.

Lucas Joal was causing problems down the left-wing in the 1st half, but surprisingly he later somehow missed an absolute sitter!

The 2nd half was delayed because Seny Dieng was getting an unwanted shower from a sprinkler behind his goal :roll:

We took a long time to get going but when it did click we created four very good chances in the final 20 mins or so & I was disappointed that we didn't secure the victory.

So pleased for Lyndon. He had a very good game & the goal was a huge relief.

It's odd seeing those signs around the ground, 'Come On UR'zzzzzzz :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:50 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3626Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
[quote="SteveRussell"
It's odd seeing those signs around the ground, 'Come On UR'zzzzzzz :oops:[/quote]

They steal everything from us, Steve.
The Rs, the Superhoops......as well as the shirt. Not very original. :?
Was in a pub in Reading, not long after I moved there, & listening to the commentary on one of their games on the radio - all they kept saying was
"Come on you Rs" - I nearly choked on my beer (luckily it wasn't Chocolate Orange Delight! :D )

I listened to the game live on BBC Radio Berkshire, and credit where credit's due, the biased commentators both agreed we had the better game in the 1st half & apart from their comeback in the 1st 20 mins of the 2nd half, were all over them. They were relieved with a draw tbh, & the Breadman's post-match comments seemed to be that he was disappointed, after the way we played, with just 1 point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarJoined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:23 pmPosts: 3626Location: Running down the Uxbridge Road...
.....and of course, the draw robbed me of the chance to walk around Reading yesterday, wearing the real Hoops - that would've pissed the Phonies off.
Didn't see too many of them wearing their phony hoops....
:lol: :lol: