For everything that occurs around the pitch.
ESSEXURs

Boro game

Post by ESSEXURs »

Just a word of warning to those hoping for our first win on Saturday. Unfortunately for you all
the terrible twosome of Kerrins and ESSEXURs are attending the game which usually does not bode
well for a win.

We have an up and down influence on games we attend and to be truthful
it is more down than up I’m afraid.

Young Kerrins attended last Saturday and we all know what happened. :o

You have been warned! :roll:
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Re: Boro game

Post by Steve Russell »

I think I will stay in the Eagle then :roll:
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Post by Steve Russell »

Kerrins is setting off from Manchester Bus Station at 23.50 tonight.

Smooth journey Bernard...
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Well it must be Kerrins evil influence that costs us games because as soon as I join him we win! :D

We had a great day yesterday starting in The Eagle in Askew Road, with Steve R, after a walk from Bush Green
and the game and the result topped it off.

We certainly showed Chloe how proud we are of her achievements and the club should have praise for that.

I note she received a signed shirt on her arrival at the ground.

A wonderful day.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Post by Steve Russell »

Pre-match, I met up with Colin & Bernard in the Eagle as arranged.
Also in there was Colin Rose & Keith Rowley & with them was someone that
Bernard hadn't seen since 1959!!!

Mark Prince addressed the fans in his usual very inspirational way & then to huge roars Chloe Kelly
walked out with the match ball & the atmosphere was building.

Great to Chris Willock back & what an opening goal it was on 13 minutes!
Despite being impeded a couple of times, he managed to stay on his feet before
unleashing a powerful strike into the top corner.

Somehow we doubled our lead on 27 mins following Ilias' corner. It wasn't until I
watched it back on ITV in the evening did I understand how Jimmy Dunne had scored it :roll:

Lyndon Dykes has been under a lot pressure & some criticism so well pleased when he headed in
number three on 38 mins from Stefan's free kick.

Have to mention Rob Dickie's superb block in the latter stages of the half.

3-1 at half-time & during the break Chloe Kelly returned to the pitch for a short interview & to
her surprise Martin Rowlands was brought on. Chloe had been a mascot many years ago & in
the programme she had named Martin as her favourite player.

Then Stan's family came on & Paul Morrissey read out a very moving statement on Stan's behalf.

It was certainly a very different 2nd half, Boro' are a vg good side & with good movement & precision
passing they overrun us at times.

Seny made a top-drawer save but we did manage to create a couple of chances including Uncle Albert
who fired a shot just wide of the far post.

Six minutes+ added mins which saw Boro' go down to 10 men after Macauley Bonne was taken out
knee-high :shock:

Post-match Mick Beale praised the 70-min effort Chris Willock had put in.

Well done to the Club, what an afternoon :D :D
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

It was really good to meet up with Steve R. Colin Woodley(Essex U R's) Steve M. Bill Elkins,
Keith Rowley, Alan Barnes and 2 people in the Eagle Pub I had not seen since 1959 when I was
a young sprog at Victoria Juniors Boys School in Becklow Rd.

As for the game itself. Phew! and Double Phew!! We produced a blistering first half performance
but sadly after half time were over run and in the end got out of jail hanging on for our 3-2 victory.

Forget Willock. Man of the match by a country mile was stoic Colin Woodley who had to spend the
entire second half sitting next to an unstable neurotic like me! :) ;) Far too much tension and stress
than I could handle :!:
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Kerrins was under strain before the match as The Eagle didn’t serve J2O! :D

Yes it must be added to the list of finger nail biting games that are not good for our old tickers.

I was updating my son on holiday in Turkey during the game and you can imagine he could see a 3-4 defeat
with my second half updates of “under the cosh” and “their second goal was coming”!

Full marks to our second string for stemming the tide especially Albert in the last period.

We should not forget also our new manager for reorganizing them when their heads had dropped
in the second half.