For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Alex Aoraha Signs a New Contract...

Post by Steve Russell »

Good luck Alex, hope you will be back to full fitness very soon....

ALEX Aoraha has agreed a new contract to extend his stay at QPR.

The 21-year-old made his professional debut for the club in August 2023 against Norwich in the EFL Cup
and he is targeting more first-team appearances in the future.

A regular for the Development Squad, Aoraha’s progress in 2023/24 was dealt a blow after he suffered an injury
but his positive mindset has enabled him to come out of it in a stronger position.

“I’m delighted to sign this new contract,” he said.

“I am grateful to the club for having this faith in me. It inspires me that they have the belief in me that I can
push on, and that will give me more confidence when I am back out on the pitch.

“Last season was tough because I felt like I was flying; I had made my first-team debut and I was playing, but
setbacks happen in football and it is about how you come back from them.

“When you are out and when you are injured, you have to look at how you can use that time to improve other
areas of your game.

“I have taken the opportunity to work on different areas, and definitely feel I have come back stronger from it.

“I have learnt the importance of perseverance, too. You are going to have good days and you are going to have
bad days, it is about making the good days count and pushing through when it’s a bad day.”

An Iraq international, Aoraha has clear objectives for the future.

I am aiming to get back to full fitness very soon, play some games with the Development Squad and after that I
really want to be pushing for first-team games,” he said.

CEO Christian Nourry added: "Alex is a really interesting profile who could yet still settle into either of the #6 or #8
registers, with a strong level of self-belief that has enabled him to recover well from a significant injury set-back."