For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

New Contract for Murphy Mahoney...

Post by Steve Russell »

Good news from the Club...

'GOALKEEPER Murphy Mahoney has signed a new contract at QPR.
The 22-year-old stopper admitted: “This is massive for me.

“I am really happy. I have been here since I was ten and my plan is to be here as long as possible and
eventually become the No.1.

“I love it here, it is home to me and long may it continue.”

Mahoney spent the first half of last season on loan at League Two Swindon Town, playing 25 times for the Robins
before injury forced his return to QPR in December , and he said: “The loan was pivotal for me.

“It was about getting out and playing men’s football. Everyone here knew how well I was training but it is
different doing it in games.

“So, the loan was good for me because it showed what I can do. It was obviously frustrating to get the injury halfway
through the season because coming back with a full season would have been great, but I feel I showed in that half
season that I am capable.”

Mahoney has been delighted with his recent development and is excited about the future, explaining:
“I am really pleased with the progress I’ve made.

“If you had said to me 12 months ago that I would get 25 games under my belt, 23 in League Two, I would have
snatched your hand off.

“Now I am focused on getting fit and strong for the new season. I am going to work hard in pre-season and see
what happens.”

CEO Christian Nourry said: “Murphy's ball-playing capacities are really exciting and his loan spell with Swindon was
really productive, with progression last season stopped only by an unfortunate injury. I was personally very impressed
by his attitude towards his recovery.”

Related News
Home kit and training wear available to purchase