For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

And Good Luck to Aaron Drewe....

Post by Steve Russell »

All the best for the future Aaron, from the Club...

AARON Drewe will be moving on from QPR this summer following the expiry of his contract.
Drewe, 23, joined the club when he was just eight years old. He rose through the youth setup before
making his senior debut in January 2022 against Rotherham in the FA Cup.

During his time with us, the full-back made 13 appearances for the first team in all competitions.

“There are a lot of emotions right now,” Drewe said. “When you have been at the same club basically your
entire life, you grow attachments and relationships with people and the club, and it becomes part of you.

“But I also do feel it’s the right time for my career to move on.”

Drewe is pleased with the progress he has made since he first joined Rangers, explaining: “Arriving as an
eight-year-old and being able to say I’m leaving as a mature adult and player is something I am very proud of
and thankful to QPR for.

“The club has allowed me to work under some unbelievable coaches and if it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be
the player I am today.

“QPR has provided me with moments I’ll never forget - making my professional debut at Loftus Road in front of
my family, being the only team to beat Burnley away all season and staying up, and so many more.

“It has been a joy to be a part of.”

Having come through the ranks, Drewe has a special bond with the R’s supporters and he said: “I’ve always said this
but the fans at QPR are like no other!

“From stepping on the pitch for the first time and them backing me and making me feel at one with them, to having
a chant about me and hearing it sung around the stadium is something I am forever grateful to the R’s fans for.

“QPR has a place in my heart and I will always look out for the team.

“All the players and the staff deserve to achieve great things in the coming seasons and I wish everyone nothing but
the best for the future.”

CEO Christian Nourry said: “Aaron’s tireless work-rate and inquisitive mind have been evident since I arrived at the club.

“I believe that with these qualities he is well equipped to have a successful career.

“As I told him, now is the moment to go and play regular minutes and forge his own path. While his future may lay
elsewhere, he will always be warmly welcomed here at QPR.”