For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Jimmy Dunne's Contract Extended...

Post by Steve Russell »

Good news, well deserved....

'QPR have triggered an extension to Jimmy Dunne’s contract which will see him remain with the club
#beyond the end of the current season.

Dunne, 26, joined the R’s three years ago from Burnley and he is now looking forward to continuing his
journey in West London.

“I am really happy to be staying at QPR,” he said.

“Everyone know how much I love this club and everything it stands for.

“This has been a tough season, a real roller-coaster, and I am looking forward to the break but am also
excited about the future.”

Dunne made 30 appearances in all competitions for QPR this term, and was a revelation at right-back from
the moment he took up the position against Bristol City at Ashton Gate in February.

“It has been a challenging year but I have enjoyed it,” he said. “It takes real character to come through a
season like that, character from the team and character from the fans.

“I remember Preston away; coldest night ever, train disruptions, on the TV - and yet there were hundreds of our
#fans there. They were magnificent!

“When we had a difficult run of results, they could have got on our backs, but what did they do? They sold out
the stadium, they sold out away ends!

“They stuck with us during those tough moments and that made the celebrations after Leeds even more special.”

Dunne believes the way QPR performed in the second half of the campaign is reason for optimism ahead of next season.

“When you look at some of those results, some of those performances, it shows how good a team we can be,” he said.

“Next season we need to show that sort of form over the whole year, not give ourselves a mountain to climb like we did
this season.”

QPR CEO Christian Nourry said: “It is an absolute pleasure to announce that the ’Jimmy Dunne, QPR’ story continues.

“Jimmy has demonstrated in the last six months that he has the bravery and capacity to throw himself into the unknown
following his taking on of a right-back role and make a success of it.

“With an infectious enthusiasm, huge heart and relentless pursuit of excellence on and off the training pitch,
Jimmy is a credit to this club.”
steveqpr881

Re: Jimmy Dunne's Contract Extended...

Post by steveqpr881 »

Good news.