For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Marti Backs Lyndon Dykes....

Post by Steve Russell »

Conor Keenan for West London Sport...
'Marti Cifuentes has backed Lyndon Dykes and insisted the QPR striker should not be judged
only on his goalscoring record.

Dykes has scored just four league goals this season, with only one of those coming in this calendar year.

But boss Cifuentes said: “It would be bad coaching if I was just looking at his goalscoring, because he’s
a player who gives us a lot of things.

“When I look at the contribution Lyndon provides for the team, he has helped in many aspects.
He’s a threat from set pieces, he’s relentless with the high press and he’s good at motivating other
players – that’s what I judge him by.

“Of course, as a striker, we want him to score as many goals as he can, but at the same time we have
to be aware of how many chances are we providing. It’s a mix, but it’s my job to look past just the statistics.

“My job is to ensure that, as a team, we provide him and all the strikers as many chances as we can.”

Meanwhile, Michael Frey faces a fitness test ahead of QPR’s vital home game against Preston.

The Swiss target man has missed Rangers’ past two games but trained this week and will be assessed before
Cifuentes names the matchday squad.

Cifuentes explained: “He’s a doubt for tomorrow’s game still. He has a small muscular issue that prevented
him from being available for the last two games.

“He has been progressing during the week and we need to make a decision for the game tomorrow.”

Saturday’s match seems particularly crucial for relegation-threatened Rangers because their two final games
of the season will be at home to Leeds and away to Coventry – two sides chasing promotion.

But Cifuentes said: “We have proved during my five months here that we can beat anyone – and we have
lost some other games.

“That’s why the Championship is such an interesting league, because there are always results people
don’t expect.

“We just know this game against Preston is a chance to get three points that could be very important for us.

“We’re in a situation where three points would be massive for us. A victory would be a big step for us.”
Conor Campbell

Re: Marti Backs Lyndon Dykes....

Post by Conor Campbell »

Great to see Lyndon scoring such an important goal today as that we were able to hang on to the lead
and get the benefit of it.

Yes, we would like to see him score more. But that goal today looks to be a lifesaver for the season.
steveqpr881

Re: Marti Backs Lyndon Dykes....

Post by steveqpr881 »

A crucial goal, and Lyndon increased his season's tally by 25%!