For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

On this Historic Day......

Post by Steve Russell »

Steve Russell
Site Admin

Re: On this Historic Day......

Post by Steve Russell »

Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

Hi Yi Yi Yi
Springett is better than Yashin.
Rodney is better than Eusebio.
And we gave West Bromwich a thrashin. :)
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Post by Steve Russell »

From my interview with Mark Lazarus....

SR: The night before the Cup Final…..

ML: We all stayed at the Winton Hotel, owned by the Winton family. It was a fairly relaxed evening, a few of the boys played cards. Fats Domino also happened to be staying at the hotel, and he sung some songs at the piano for us. We all joined in with ‘Blueberry Hill’. Alec Stock just let us get on with it and as I’ve said previously, I can’t speak highly enough of the man. He was pretty easy going that evening, but that said, no one would dream of taking liberties.

In the morning, we boarded the coach to Wembley, and it was a journey that will stay in my mind for ever. There were thousands of people lining the streets and walking towards Wembley. Because of the crowds, the coach went quite slowly and it took us a long time to arrive. We did pass the guys carrying the coffin and we all laughed when we saw that.

We heard later that by the time they arrived at Wembley, there were thousands following the coffin. That day it seemed like the whole of West London was out on the streets cheering us on.
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

In the words of John Le Mesurier....It all been rather lovely :D
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

Steve Russell wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:04 am From my interview with Mark Lazarus....
ML:....He was pretty easy going that evening, but that said, no one would dream of taking liberties.
Dunno about that......I've read another version of events that night which involves a stripper in one of the players rooms 8-)