For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Ipswich Last Night....

Post by Steve Russell »

The rain had stopped by the time the coach had pulled up & once inside,
after the pitch was being pitched forked, guess what, a number of sprinklers were
activated :roll:

Into the game, & in the opening minutes, Sinclair, in an angled position, forced a good
save from the keeper.

At the other end, Jake Clarke-Salter made a superb intervention in the box to deny the
home side.

Later, Ilias Chair's low shot was stopped at the near post.

On 22 mins, the whole stadium applauded in the memory of young cancer victim,
Ben Moore. May he Rest in Peace.

Ipswich wasted a couple of good opportunities & on 34 mins Asmir Begovic made an
superb finger-tip save.

Rangers went close to opening the scoring when Steve Cook's effort came off the post
then seemingly close to the goal-line.

Closing in towards the break, it soon became obvious that something had happened to an
Ipswich fan behind the goal. More & more paramedics/medical staff got involved & a sort
of canopy was put over them as they were being treated.

After around 20 mins the person was taken away on a stretcher. I hope he/she will be ok.

Eventually it was announced that after the teams returned there would be a six-minute
warm-up period for them.

After Ilias had stretched for a ball, he went down in need of some attention.
Then, a few minutes later, he took a slow walk around the pitch perimeter to the dressing room.

Rayan Kolli ended up as the lone striker, with Lyndon Dykes playing behind him.

As Paul Smyth cut in from the right into the box, some contact was made & down he went.
Maybe be the TV camera angle didn't confirm that but it was clear to me from my vantage point
in the lower section of the away section.

Not only that, in added time Reg's cross was clearly handled by Kayden Jackson in the box :twisted:
Again, nothing :evil:

Marti said in his post-match interview that we performed as a unit.
We all know what is needed but make no mistake, this was a very impressive display.

Liked the way we quickly moved the ball upfield from defence but obviously a striker must be brought
in asap,

Great support from around 1,700 R's fans. It must have been a difficult journey for those that
travelled by train as I was told told that replacement buses were required between Billericay & Witham.