For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Tommy Cunningham

Time for a clear out Marti

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

The transfer window is about to open again next week, surely Marti Cifuentes has seen
enough of this current squad.

I can honestly say there’s not one player in that squad that I would honestly keep, Chair and Willock
are “allegedly” our assets in that squad. Chair is a greedy selfish player who plays for himself and is not
a team player, Willock has been injury prone since he walked through the door and he has also been very
inconsistent. I hope they both depart in January along with a few others, we need new blood through
the door to give us a chance of avoiding relegation.

We have players such as Kakay, Cannon, Kelman, Smyth, Dozzell, Dykes, Adomah, Armstrong and Paal who
are just not Championship standard. Unless we can move the majority of these players on, there is absolutely
no chance of us avoiding relegation this season.

Unfortunately no manager or coach can make them better players, hence the reason we will not see any
improvements in results.
Tommy Cunningham

Re: Time for a clear out Marti

All the players mentioned earlier, were involved in the squad at Millwall today.

Marti Cifuentes said today was the worst performance since he joined the club, well not for the vast
majority of QPR fans out there who have witnessed this dross week after week this season.
Last edited by Tommy Cunningham on Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Elkins

Post by Bill Elkins »

And Chris Ramsey is still employed by this football club !!
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

Tommy, I disagree with you about Chair.
That attempt on goal he had in the Saints game, where the goalie was way off his line
& he chipped it over his head....if that had gone in, it would have been goal of the season.
Looked to me like he was desperate to score, all game.
Tommy Cunningham

Steve I agree with you regarding the “Beckham” like effort against Southampton, it was a fantastic
effort and without doubt would have been goal of the season had it gone in. He appears to want to score
all game every game, sometimes to the detriment of the team. His refusal to pass the ball to teammates at
times, who sometimes find themselves in very promising positions is extremely frustrating.

I would not dispute that Ilias Chair is a very talented player, but a team player he is not and to me, he is a
luxury player we can ill afford in our current plight.

I respect the views of all supporters on this forum, just giving mine and will always be receptive to a healthy
debate.

We all want the best for QPR.
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Much talk of Armstrong and Dunne going.
Both have deleted Rs references on Instagram etc.

Team news for Ipswich will be interesting
Tommy Cunningham

Let’s face the facts this season, Dunne and Armstrong just haven’t performed to an acceptable level.
Dunne has been a complete liability in central defense this season when selected.

Armstrong is a physically strong player and has real pace, but overall he’s a striker that just doesn’t
score goals. He has very little technical ability and has been very fortunate in my view, to be afforded
the opportunities he has been given at QPR.

If there is an element of truth in these players deleting their QPR stuff on social media, it would suggest
to me that Marti Ciifuentes after evaluating the squad has made his mind up on both players and they know it.

I hope this is the case and he doesn’t stop with just Dunne and Armstrong, there are a number of players out of
contract this summer amongst this squad and without doubt should be moved on.