For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Tommy Cunningham

Marti Cifuentes - Bringing QPR back to the supporters

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

As a long suffering supporter like many many others out there, you can’t help but be impressed by
Marti Cifuentes. A

Appointed a month ago and we have taken 8 points from a possible 15. Before he came in I honestly
couldn’t see us winning another game, watching QPR became depressing and a hard watch.

The team were extremely poor and morale amongst fans was as low as I can remember, from his first
training session it was very clear to see the intensity he demanded.

I am under no illusion I know it is still very early days in his tenure, but he has managed to turn around a
group of footballers who in all honesty had downed tools for a number of previous managers.

This guy has displayed an ability to coach and manage footballers, to have a game plan for matchdays,
to utilize his squad and make decisions that he believes is right for the team to get results.

The interviews Chair and Willock done with Sky this week, seemed to suggest that the players are enjoying
life under Cifuentes. Willock even mentioned playing with more freedom.

There is no doubt the brief for Marti Cifuentes this season is for QPR to maintain their Championship status,
we have some very winnable games coming up and it is very important that players and supporters all pull
together.

Come January I hope the club back him whatever way they can, he will no doubt have some players in mind
that he believes will improve the squad. No inept DOF employed to recruit sub standard players anymore,

We have shown improvement in a very short space time, the supporters of QPR have been given hope going
forward.
Kerrins

Re: Marti Cifuentes - Bringing QPR back to the supporters

Post by Kerrins »

Good comment Tommy.

What an amazing 2nd Half transformation at the Preston game last night. Our Manager must take
full credit for that
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Post by Steve Russell »

Excellent post Tommy.....

And this from West London Sport...
“I want players here who are disappointed to be on the bench.

'Marti Cifuentes hailed Ilias Chair after the substitute inspired QPR to a 2-0 victory
at Preston.

Chair was left out of the starting line-up by boss Cifuentes, whose side registered a
second successive win.

Sent on at half-time in place of the injured Jack Colback, Chair set up goals for Paul Smyth
and Chris Willock.

Cifuentes said: “He wasn’t happy he hadn’t started the game of course, but that’s what
I want.

“I want players here who are disappointed to be on the bench.

“He has got really strong attributes and was terrific. I felt confident at half-time that he would
contribute.”

Rangers remain in the bottom three but look much-improved under Cifuentes, having lost just
one of their five matches since the Spaniard took over.

“It’s great to be winning. They’re small steps at this stage of the season but I can see real progress,”
he said.'
Tommy Cunningham

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

His post match interview was very impressive, he went into great detail about leaving Chair and Cook out.

He went on to say he wasn’t a “genius” but it was all down to the players.

Early days I know but I am feeling a lot more confident than I was a month ago.

Roll on Hull City.