For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Norwich: Ian McCullough for West London Sport....

Post by Steve Russell »

'Marti Cifuentes was encouraged by QPR’s display at Norwich but admitted they need
to start backing up performances with points.

Hwang Ui-Jo’s first-half goal earned the Canaries a 1-0 win at Carrow Road and despite
Rangers dominating for long spells in the second period they were unable to score – and
Sam Field missed a glorious chance in stoppage time.

Despite the improved showings since Cifuentes replaced Gareth Ainsworth as boss,
second-from-bottom Rangers remain six points from safety.

“I am disappointed because it is about winning football games and we didn’t get anything today,”
- Cifuentes said.

“The feeling is quite empty. We did some good things, not a lot, but in my eyes perhaps the best
performance since I have been here.

“We were well organised on the ball and out of possession. We were able to adjust to things in the
game and in the last 20 minutes we played a different formation and exerted some real pressure.

“That is positive, you look at the stats we had more shots on target than them. But still, we lost the
game and the important stat is the final score.

“I am not happy about that but I need to look forward. I know when a new manager comes in people
expect really easy changes in terms of the results.

“I have seen improvements in each game but now we need to convert these in to good results.”

Norwich’s winner was scored via a simple ball over the top that caught out Jimmy Dunne.

The hosts created little else of note apart from a looping shot that was cleared off the line by Steve Cook
early in the first half.

“Apart from that we were defensively very strong,” Cifuentes said.

“They didn’t create so much. We had a lot of chances in the final third, around the box to create a goal
but we need more sharpness in the final third.”
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Re: Norwich: Ian McCullough for West London Sport....

Post by Steve Russell »

Superb turnout from R's fans.....1,535
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

At least we have stopped conceding at the back and Cannon coming in will make a further difference.

Up front is the continuing problem and I can see no point in keeping Dykes as he appears to have little
interest in games and is certainly not scoring goals. Armstrong for all his running is not scoring and
Kelman has proved at Leyton Orient and in his appearances for us to be no better.

We might as well bring in development squad players as they seem to be scoring.
The Manager is a supporter of youth as shown at his last club and hopefully they will be at least tried
before the January window.

Hopefully Tuesdays game will be a turning point.
Tommy Cunningham

Post by Tommy Cunningham »

Unfortunately for us Jimmy Dunne has been an absolute liability this season, cost us on
Saturday with unbelievably poor defending. His lack of mobility and discipline has been very
evident this season, I think his contract expires this summer and I hope it is not renewed.
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

The football is now there but sadly the goals are not.

There is nothing any manager in the world can do to much improve the strike rate of our
inept 3 front men squad members Armstrong Dykes and Kelman......less than ten QPR League
goals combined between them over the last 19 months.

A goal A goal My kingdom for a goal.....Apologies to The Bard