For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Well Done Rayan...

Post by Steve Russell »

Good news from the Club..

'RAYAN Kolli came off the bench to make his mark on his debut for Algeria U20s against
Tunisia on Monday.

The young QPR forward netted what proved to be a consolation for his country as they went down 4-2
to the hosts in the 2023 UNAF U20 tournament.

While the result will have been disappointing, it still represented a special moment for the 18-year-old.

And on Wednesday, Kolli was named in the starting XI as Algeria U20s took on Morocco.

Following a difficult opening period which saw them trail 2-0, Algeria pulled one back just before
half-time.

After the break, Kolli forced a stunning save with a fierce drive from 20 yards prior to Algeria drawing
level from the spot.

But there was to be late agony for Kolli and his team-mates, as Morocco netted in injury-time to win 3-2.

Elsewhere, Scotland scored a late leveller to draw 2-2 with Georgia in their Euro 2024 qualifier.
Lyndon Dykes led the line for Scotland before coming off in the 86th minute.

Osman Kakay completed the full game as Sierra Leone drew 0-0 with Ethiopia in their 2026 World Cup
qualifier while Lorent Talla played the first-half of Kosovo U19s’ 1-1 draw with Slovakia in their European
U19 Championship qualifier.

Arkell Jude-Boyd didn’t feature in St Lucia’s goalless draw with Saint Kitts and Nevis.

On Friday evening, Sinclair Armstrong will be hoping for match minutes as the Republic of Ireland U21s take
on Norway while Kolli’s Algeria are in action once more, this time facing Egypt.

Paul Smyth isn’t available for Northern Ireland’s Friday fixture with Finland but is hoping to be back for t
heir home match with Denmark on Monday.'
Kerrins

Re: Well Done Rayan...

Post by Kerrins »

Like I have been saying for a while....Give Kolli a run in the first team( with Support)
Heaven knows we need a half decent striker. Ok maybe it might not work out but what have we
got to lose?

Armstrong and Dykes less than ten league goals between them in 18 months :?: :!:
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I bet I am at least pretty damn close
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

I agree, give Kolli a run in the 1st X1, if he can score at International level, it sounds like
he's ready for the Championship.

btw, on the subject of Lindon......somebody on one of the QPR Facebook groups said recently
that we should stop criticising his poor scoring record; centre forwards aren't strikers, they're not supposed to
actually score themselves, just lay the ball on for someone else to score. I kid you not.
:roll:
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

I've just come across that post again; it's by someone called Matthew Mudie,
on QPR Pride of London. Go & have a look......
;)
Kerrins

Post by Kerrins »

Steveqpr881. Eh? centre forwards not really supposed to score goals :?: :!:

Nat Lofthouse Tommy Lawton Stan Mortensen Dixie Dean et al are all turning in their graves as we speak :shock:
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

Kerrins wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:27 pm Steveqpr881. Eh? centre forwards not really supposed to score goals :?: :!:
Nat Lofthouse Tommy Lawton Stan Mortensen Dixie Dean et al are all turning in their graves as we speak :shock:
Not to mention Les Allen, Les Ferdinand.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: