For everything that occurs around the pitch.
ESSEXURs

Barnsley

Post by ESSEXURs »

As I suspected in the Middlesbrough thread our usual bottom of the table and lower league form kicked in today.
Didn’t go but it sounds like a dreadful performance and for those who did watch it was it a typical Warburton giving sides too much respect?
We desperately need a goalscoring threat and can’t understand why we have so few coming through from the U23’s.
As was shown against Middlesbrough we can’t impose ourselves and if these performances continue we will struggle to stay in the playoffs given the form of teams below us.
Bill Elkins

Re: Barnsley

Post by Bill Elkins »

Thoroughly agree with your assessment Essex, and not much more comment to add.

In my view, Warburton has been found out. His pre and post match comments say it all. Respectfully this and respectfully that. Not taking care of the football - What the hell does that mean? His team selections and substitutions also tactics are bizarre at times, also a woeful January transfer window.

This defeat is purely down to him. :x
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Can you imagine Warnock giving them respect and accepting such a performance?

The January window was wasted as it was obvious Dykes and Gray were not going to be regular scorers and Austin is fading fast for some reason. Also we badly need a goalscoring midfield general.

I just hope Willock is available on Tuesday or another defeat will follow against the usual hardworking teams that usually cause us problems.
I’m not holding my breath after the last two performances!
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

(sigh) here we go again - a couple of bad results, and the doom & gloom mob are back!
Return of that old favourite, "Warburton must go."
Where were you when we were winning??? Are you only happy when you're moaning???
Keith Bradley og

Post by Keith Bradley og »

First time on the board for a while... got a bit lost with the upgrade etc etc.

Clearly not the place to visit at the moment to boost my spirits, certainly not having read the recent comments here about the performance at Barnsley (I was there). However amidst many contenders, the very worst part of my afternoon was watching whoever it was who rushed to as near to the front as he could get to heartily boo our players off the pitch (with menaces). Oh dear, players past it, dreadful transfer window, awful decision making by Warburton, not enough care being taken of the ball (that is a euphamism for losing it easily I think). What a complete shower we are.

Hang on though - but perhaps I've been dreaming. I thought we had actually been doing quite well against lots of other teams in our league who plan all week to try and beat us - many of them quite big clubs led by highly regarded managers. I thought we'd even climbed to a play-off position and that our manager was one of the most sensible and dignified men in football who had recently won Manager of the Month, that we had cleverly recruited some players who were genuinely top-flight standard, that we had carved out many wins from losing positions in the last few months and that the team spirit was good and the general sense of well being around the entire club was really strong and positive.

Perhaps I should wake up and start seeing the obvious - it's even quite possible I suppose that I might get a glimpse of it later on today..... But on the other hand....
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

Keith Bradley og wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:17 pm .....the very worst part of my afternoon was watching whoever it was who rushed to as near to the front as he could get to heartily boo our players off the pitch (with menaces). Oh dear, players past it, dreadful transfer window, awful decision making by Warburton, not enough care being taken of the ball (that is a euphamism for losing it easily I think). What a complete shower we are.......

A few suspects spring to mind!! 8-)
ESSEXURs

Post by ESSEXURs »

Nobody is saying Warburton should go he’s not all bad :D
However the last four games have shown the shortcomings in the squad which given our position should have been addressed in the January window. Instead we get Sanderson and Hendrick in to warm the bench when we have ongoing fullback problems due to age and injuries. Up front we wasted money on Kelman and Bonne two forwards who freeze in the headlights and it is now painfully obvious Dykes is not exactly improving and for his size defenders seem able to bully him very easily. Austin is a pale shadow of his former self and Gray just treats games as siesta time doing his best to avoid hard work.
Johansen is also going through a bad patch is he carrying injuries?

More worryingly we have now stopped feeding young players into the first team and I find it difficult to believe we have U18 and 23 sides and no obvious candidates for promotion in the fullback and centre forward positions. We seem to have no end of midfielders and goalkeepers though.
I just hope Warburtons complacent attitude for the press is not carried into the dressing room as we are in trouble.
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

ESSEXURs wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:01 pm .....I just hope Warburtons complacent attitude for the press is not carried into the dressing room as we are in trouble.
I never put too much into press conference remarks; in fact I usually ignore them.
It's all the usual bland, P.R. stuff - I mean, what did you expect MW to say, "They're sh**, we should have slaughtered them" ???
True, but he's never gonna say it - in public.