For everything that occurs around the pitch.
ESSEXURs

Re: Sheffield United Match is OFF....

Post by ESSEXURs »

Presumably if staff/players isolating the Saturday match against Swansea will also be off.

Seems to be a problem for several teams at the moment with various comments there is a misguided belief amongst footballers that jabs will affect their performance.
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

I wonder if this is connected to the poor COVID discipline at the recent Fans' Forum??
The Club emailed me say that someone present had tested positive; and mask-wearing, social distancing etc were very lax.
I just got my PCR result this morning - negative, I'm glad to say; but maybe Les, Warbs or Hoo picked it up there.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Post by Steve Russell »

From talkSport via the Daily Mirror.....

The QPR chief said: "It's difficult to be fair.

"We had our round of testing and were preparing for our trip to Sheffield. We had four people come down positive with Covid and we’ve had two more overnight displaying symptoms.

"We have some unvaccinated players who have come into close contact as well. I’ve now got 10 isolating. That's a very difficult situation.

"As a group, we agonised over the decision [to call off Sheffield United game]. We had to do the right thing.

"You've got players who are deeply frustrated and confused by the situation, but you've got to observe the government's guidelines.

"Just being honest with you, I've got 10 players isolating. From a manager's perspective, Swansea looks highly doubtful because, to have so many now not returning until the week starting the 20th, they won't return to training until the 21st, 22nd or 23rd of December.

"So in my mind, and I know people above my pay grade will make the decision, Bournemouth is the next game we've got to focus on."
steveqpr881

Post by steveqpr881 »

Steve Russell wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:21 pm From talkSport via the Daily Mirror.....From a manager's perspective, Swansea looks highly doubtful......"
I've just heard that the Swansea game has been cancelled - can anybody confirm??