For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Welcome to Rocco Friel.....

Post by Steve Russell »

Good Luck to him....

QPR have made their fifth signing of the summer for the Development Squad with the arrival
of Rocco Friel from Hearts.
The 17-year-old right-back joins the R’s after spending three years at Tynecastle.

Friel, who was with Glasgow Rangers for eight years before moving to Edinburgh, said:
“I am really looking forward to it, I can’t wait to get started.

“The pathway here looks really good. When I spoke to the club they said everything that as a player
you want to hear.

“They have shown they have belief in me and I couldn’t say no to this opportunity.”

An attack-minded full-back, Friel has represented Scotland at Under-17 and Under-19 level, including
featuring in the Under-17 Euros in 2023.

He made 14 appearances for Hearts B team in 2023/24, scoring two goals and grabbing three assists from
the right flank.

As he prepares for life south of the border, Friel said: “I want to settle in and then I will be striving to get into
the first team. That has to be the aim.”

CEO Christian Nourry said: "The identification and subsequent acquisition of Friel are signs of how this football
club intends to operate going forward: by providing impressive young talent with the opportunity to seize a
pathway to play first-team football at Championship level and beyond.

"It is up to Rocco now to make that a reality."

Friel will officially join the club on 1st July, subject to international clearance.