For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

And a New Deal for Elijah Dixon-Bonner...

Post by Steve Russell »

Good news from the Club, well deserved.....

'ELIJAH Dixon-Bonner has extended his stay at QPR by agreeing a new deal with the club.

The 23-year-old midfielder joined the R’s in October 2022 following a seven-year spell with
Liverpool. He made 26 appearances in the blue and white hoops in 2023/24 and is eager to build
on that in the coming months.

“I’m really happy,” he said.

“I am very settled here. I have a good relationship with everyone, and most importantly I have a good
relationship with the fans, so I am very happy to extend my stay.”

Dixon-Bonner received a lot of positive backing from the R’s faithful last season, something that didn’t go
unnoticed by the former Arsenal academy player.

“The relationship with the supporters is very important to me,” he explained.

“I have had some tough times, and in those tough times they have stuck by me. Even in the midst of us
having a very difficult season, they have taken the time to praise me for the things I have done well.

“When I have needed a bit of help, they have always been there with their support. I thank them so much for
what they have done for me.”

Dixon-Bonner came through the youth system at Arsenal before moving to Anfield when he was 14, and he
admitted: “I am still very much in awe of what I do for a career.

“To see someone buy your shirt, to me that still isn’t a normal thing to see. For people to take time to send you
private messages or to write to you, these things go such a long way. I feel so at home at QPR and I thank the
fans for making me feel like that.”

All that was missing from what turned into Dixon-Bonner’s breakthrough season was a first professional goal –
and it’s certainly something he is working on.

“I feel like the keepers in this league have got it in for me,” he joked. “It’s like they don’t want me to shine!

“Ultimately though, I am taking ownership of it because I have to be better. Hopefully it comes soon and I can
celebrate it with the fans.”

Looking ahead to the new season, Dixon-Bonner has clear targets.

“I want to have a big impact,” he said. “I am a very ambitious person. I don’t just want to play a role.
I want to play a pivotal role.

“I have got a lot of work to do and I’m still learning a lot, but I am not going to shy away from that.

“Now is the time to show the fans the player that I believe I can be.”

CEO Christian Nourry said: “Last season was an especially important one for Elijah in confirming his ability to
further develop into a talent that can positively impact the QPR first team.

"When his playing time became more limited after January, he showed a fantastic attitude in training and
remained determined to keep learning and striving for better from himself and the rest of his team-mates.
I wish him the best.”