For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

And Welcome to Daniel Bennie.....

Post by Steve Russell »

Good luck to him. News from the Club...

'QPR have signed Daniel Bennie from Perth Glory.
The forward will initially link up with the club’s Development Squad.

Bennie, who grew up playing football in Hong Kong before moving to Perth when he was 12, comes to
West London following an incredible breakthrough season in the Australian top flight.

The 18-year-old only made his senior debut for Glory last summer in a pre-season friendly against West Ham United,
and marked the occasion with a brilliantly-taken goal.

Building on that moment, Australia Under-17 international Bennie established himself as a regular during the A-League
campaign, making 25 appearances in a 27-game season.

“I am very excited to join QPR,” he said. “Coming from Australia to Europe has always been my dream and I think this
is the perfect move for me.

“QPR is a good, family club and they really showed they want me which makes me and my family feel secure about
coming here.”

Reflecting on a memorable first year in professional football, Bennie added: “I guess the goal against West Ham was
when people started noticing me, that was the starting point for the hard work paying off.

“I was playing with the Under-23s and really enjoying it, and then all of a sudden I was in the first team and starting
games!”

Bennie, who played for Glory on the left and right wing, described his strengths as a player, explaining: “Physically,
I am very capable.

“I like using my pace on the wing and beating players, getting balls in the box, trying to get on the end of stuff –
that’s me.

“I am a hard worker and good at creating opportunities.

“I am just excited to get started.”

CEO Christian Nourry said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome Daniel to the football club.

"Daniel demonstrated over the course of the recent A-League campaign that he is currently one of Australia's
hottest prospects.

"We're excited to have him further his development with us and will all work to ensure that he settles as smoothly
as possible."
steveqpr881

Re: And Welcome to Daniel Bennie.....

Post by steveqpr881 »

All over Facebook yesterday & dismissed as clickbait.......now it turns out to be true.
Good luck to him.