For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Good Luck Ossie.....

Post by Steve Russell »

Good luck & thanks Ossie.
From the Club...

'OSSIE Kakay will be leaving the club this summer following the conclusion of his contract.
The 26-year-old has been with QPR for almost two decades, having joined at the age of just
seven.

“It’s been an amazing journey,” said the defender.

“I still remember the day me and my mum went to Harlington to sign my first contract with
Terry (Springett, club secretary).

“To be leaving the club after almost 20 years is very emotional because it has basically been my second home.

“I am ever so proud and grateful to have been able to play for the club through all the age groups.”

Reflecting on his development during his time with the R’s, Kakay added: “I’ve turned from a boy to a man on
this journey.

“I have been coached by some amazing people and have played with some great players which has definitely
improved me as a player.

“And as a person it has helped me in my everyday life, and I have become a father of two during my time here.”

Kakay made his debut in the blue and white hoops in August 2016 in a 2-1 League Cup win against Rochdale.
He has gone on to make a total of 113 appearances for the club, scoring twice.

“⁠I’ve had many highlights but probably scoring at Stoke away was the best,” he said. “To score for the club meant
so much.”

Kakay was also keen to show his gratitude for the QPR supporters over the years, explaining: “I ⁠am a local boy so I
understand how much this club means to the fans.

“I want to thank them for the support they have given me through the highs and lows. I am forever grateful to have
represented their club.

“I wish the club all the best and hopefully we can be back in the Premier League soon where we belong.
Come on you R’s!”

QPR CEO Christian Nourry said: “Having joined so young and worked his way through all the age groups to feature for
the first team, Ossie is the definition of QPR through and through. In our short time together, the extent to which he
loves this club has been evident to me.

“I thank him on behalf of the entire club for his commitment and professionalism, especially recently during a period of
limited game time for him owing to the game model that the club has decided to pursue. We wish him the greatest of
success for the future.”
steveqpr881

Re: Good Luck Ossie.....

Post by steveqpr881 »

Good luck to him.