For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Thanks Uncle Albert...

Post by Steve Russell »

Two of the memories that will endure for me are:
When he jumped up into the R's fans at Leyton Orient after
the penalty shoot-out.

And dancing in front of the Loft to Bob Marley the other night :D
Thanks Uncle Albert & all the very best for the future...

From the Club...
QPR winger Albert Adomah is to leave the club at the end of this season following the expiry of his
current contract.
Lifelong R’s fan Albert, 36, joined Rangers in October 2020 and has gone on to become a real crowd favourite
in W12 - making 129 appearances and scoring six goals.

His move to QPR followed an already respected career in which Adomah starred for the likes of Bristol City,
#Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest and also represented the Ghanaian national team.

Late winning strikes against Watford (twice) and Coventry City are particular highlights of his four-year spell
with Rangers, while Adomah netted the only goal of the game in a crucial clash at Stoke City last term.

Last Friday, as the R’s beat Leeds United 4-0 at MATRADE Loftus Road to ensure survival this season, Albert’s
outing from the bench means his current total of 525 Championship appearances are a record.

Speaking ahead of Saturday’s final-day clash at Coventry City, he told www.qpr.co.uk: “It's been unbelievable,
amazing - I get chills when I think about the four seasons I've enjoyed here.

"To end it in the way I have done (breaking the Championship record for appearances) is incredible. It's a milestone
I've been waiting to break and to be given the opportunity to do so by the gaffer (Martí Cifuentes) last Friday, in my
final home game and in front of the mighty Super Hoops supporters - thank you. Words can't describe it.

"There are a lot of people I have to thank - not least Mark Warburton for giving me the chance to play for the club I
love, all of the other subsequent managers I've played under, and of course the supporters.

"Hopefully I can play for one final time in front of you guys up at Coventry but, if not, I just want to say thank you
for all of the love and support you've given me. It's been a joy and I can't wait to come back and cheer the team on
with you guys one day."

Adomah added: "I'm 36 now and my target has always been to play to at least the age of my shirt number - 37.
Hopefully I can have another season or two playing closer to my home now, which is in the Midlands.

"To any team watching from the region, Uncs is available!

"In all seriousness, though, I believe I still have lots to offer with all my experience. I just want to carry on playing
football."

QPR CEO Christian Nourry added: "Albert is a model professional who leaves the club with our very best wishes.

"He has enjoyed an excellent career and fully deserved his record-breaking moment last Friday.

"We thank him for his hard work and being a driving force within the group. Everyone at QPR looks forward to
welcoming him back to W12 to support the team."