For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Marti on the Plymouth Game...

Post by Steve Russell »

From West London Sport...

'Marti Cifuentes is considering changes for QPR’s vital match away to fellow Championship strugglers
Plymouth Argyle.

Jack Colback and Michael Frey were not involved against Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend but
could return to the squad for the trip to Home Park.

Tuesday’s match is hugely important for both clubs – a win would take Cifuentes’ side to 49 points,
close to safety and five points clear of Plymouth.

However, a win for Argyle would take them above Rangers.

Cifuentes therefore has some key selection decisions to make during a busy – and crucial – spell of
fixtures.

“We’ll see. I need to think about what we’re going to do,” said the R’s boss.

“I’m trying to get the best out of the players and use them in the best way I know.

“It’s an extremely difficult calendar at this moment of the season. It’s difficult for all teams,
but we’re on the last push and I need the best from all of the players.”

Saturday’s defeat at home to second-from-bottom Wednesday was a major blow for Rangers, who
had moved six points clear of the relegation zone with back-to-back wins.

The setback left them four points above the bottom three, but Tuesday’s game is another chance to
take a massive step towards securing Championship survival.

“It’s going to be another cup final,” Cifuentes said.

“But when I came here we knew how difficult the situation was and we’ve put ourselves in a much
better position than it was one month ago, three months ago or five months ago.

“I think all of us can agree that we would have taken the situation we are in today, even one month ago.
We just need to keep working and be humble.

“We can lose football games, but the important thing is to try to perform at our best and try to get a
good result at Plymouth.”