For everything that occurs around the pitch.
Steve Russell
Site Admin

Marti Disappointed....

Post by Steve Russell »

'Cifeuntes ‘very disappointed’ after QPR ‘missed two points’
By West London Sport 16/03/2024

Marti Cifiuentes saw QPR’s goalless draw at Sunderland as very much a case of two points dropped.

Relegation-threatened Rangers created chances, the best of which was missed by Chris Willock late on.

The home side had lost their previous six matches and offered very little.

“We missed two points,” R’s boss Cifuentes admitted.

“On one side I’m satisfied with the performance of the players. We more or less got the game that
we wanted. We didn’t allow Sunderland to have a shot on goal.

“We created not as much as I would like, but enough definitely to get a couple of goals.

“Overall, I’m very disappointed not to get the victory.”

Cifuentes, however, remains confident Rangers will avoid the drop.

They face a vital home match against fellow strugglers Birmingham City after the international break.

Cifuentes said: “I’ve always been encouraged by what the players are giving me. I wouldn’t have come to QPR
if I did not believe it was possible.

“The team is improving week by week and we are aware that the team is getting better.

“But the reality is that we are in a big relegation battle against a lot of teams. So we need to do a lot of good
things until the end of the season.”
Conor Campbell

Re: Marti Disappointed....

Post by Conor Campbell »

Good to see that we are consistently putting in very much improved performances over the latest run of games.

Armstrong is definitely strengthening as an attacking threat when on the run with the ball.

Big game ahead of us against Brum.

Definitely feeling hopeful of survival - but it’s all on a knife edge at present. We were lucky that rivals didn’t do better
than us over the weekend. 3 points from Brum game is needed and no reason why we can’t pull it off.

We do need attacking threat on the pitch from the get go.
Kerrins

Re: Marti Disappointed....

Post by Kerrins »

All reports say we were the better team. Marti may be disappointed but I am certainly not. Very Valuable point

Wonderful set of results for us over the weekend. Teams around us nearly all lost. None won.

I reckon if we can beat our relegation rivals at home we have cracked it.